Tax refugees staging escape from New York

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Oct 27, 2009.

1. LOL.

#11     Oct 27, 2009
  2. But then you have to live in Texas. A 100% tax wouldn't be enough to incentivize moving to Texas.

#12     Oct 27, 2009
  3. logikos

logikos

Yeah, you Yanks stay out of Texas, please. Too hot... you will melt. Got fire ants.. poisonous snakes.. the Bush family. Did I mention the heat?

#13     Oct 28, 2009
  4. So the southern Americans still dislike the notherners?

#14     Oct 28, 2009
  5. logikos

logikos

I can't speak for the other southern states. I found as a whole, Texans are hospitable to all, but there is a disdain for the arrogant Yankee attitude, particularly those found in the NE states. There is just a different way of doing business down here. I'm not a born Texan, but naturalized since '82, and I couldn't see myself living anywhere else. :D

#15     Oct 28, 2009
  6. Oh yeah I forgot. North Carolina is infested with Coral Snakes, Copperheads, Cottonmouths, Eastern Diamondbacks, Timber Rattlers, and Pygmy Rattlers. Also there is a massive infestation of Coyotes, they will attack small animals such as Mini Poodles, Yorkies, Maltese etc. So this is a horrible area to have small dogs. The fire ant population is almost as large as Texas but not quite. Oh and almost everyone here Hunts. Yummm fresh Bambi, and Pumbaa.

The Ever Warning VIPER:D

#16     Oct 28, 2009
  7. Arrogant Yankees to the North. Rampaging drug traffickers to the south. Whats a Gentlemen to do? Secede maybe?

:D

#17     Oct 28, 2009
  8. then there are those that move back, because they have to personally pay for all those services they took for granted in NY and NYC

gated communities and homeowners monthly expenses,

higher gas usage and auto maintenance expenses instead of busses 24hrs/8days or subways running 25hrs/9days

higher entertainment expenses and travel to the malls, movie theaters, video rental stores / mailboxes instead of walks down Central Park East or Riverside Drive or across Broadway or the Garment / Theatre districts....

higher relative food costs due to further distance shopping...

hey, if the job or industry in these cities is not what you're employed with, then the decision to stay becomes mute and probably sides with its cheaper to move and telecommute than reside...

#18     Oct 28, 2009
  9. You got that right!! All that stimulus, home buying, clunker rebate crap is well....PURE CRAP that hasn't really helped anybody!!

#19     Oct 28, 2009
  10. Really just the opposite. The jobs leave before the tax payers do.

People don't really complain about taxes when there are good paying jobs.

#20     Oct 28, 2009