tax rates and the constitution

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FRuiTY PeBBLe, Apr 18, 2003.

1. What benefits have you pointed out? Using Rockefeller as an an example or better yet Gates, he or MSFT receives federal breaks that are not available to the individual. But I know you are smart enough to follow the logic behind why that is a benefit to the less fortunate. How many people does MSFT employ? And, how many people are employed at places like CDW because of MSFT and the products that it has spurned? How has the wealth created for the investors been reinvested in America?

Stop attacking the posters like Max401 and start looking at the facts!

#51     Apr 19, 2003
  2. All I ask for is a level playing field in terms of the percentages and I will compete with anyone? What you are asking for is the field to be down hill for some of the players.

If there was a flat tax, the wealthiest 90% would still pay 90% of the taxes collected. Don't you get that simple fact?

#52     Apr 19, 2003
  3. tampa

tampa

You gotta love guys like you. Where did I say I wanted to take your hard earned money and give it to lazy folks? I didn't. I simply pointed out that the wealthy receive more from the government than the less than wealthy. But rather then concede that fact, you launch into a diatribe trying to put words into my mouth.

It is foolish to argue the merits of a "flat tax", because it ain't gonna happen. It is a pipe dream floated to win the support of foolish guys like yourself. If you don't believe that, allow me to ask how much lower is your tax rate with the Bush tax cuts?

#53     Apr 19, 2003
  4. Oh, I see, you want the 10% that already pay 80% of the tax bill not to have just that burden, but also not to have any wealth.

Let's take all their wealth and then add them to the middle class and poor, making them just 10%. Hmm... I guess the poor and middle class are now going to have to make up that missing 80%.

Now, you've just raised the taxes for the majority of the population. Fu*k them! You took care of those nasty wealthy people.

#54     Apr 19, 2003
  5. tampa

tampa

Indeed Mr. Gates has created many jobs - but wouldn't 10 billion be enough of a reward? And did you know that the government provides a small army of men and women to protect and endorse his copywrites? In fact, the government will even put you in jail, charging me with your upkeep should you pirate Mr Gate's software. On top of that, Mr. Gates has paid very little as a percentage of his gains, as they are "unrealized" gains in the stock that he holds - plus there are any number of ways he can "withdraw" those gains in real cash, without ANY tax liability.

Let's try this again - Mr. Gates gets far more bang for the buck paid in taxes than you do. If I am wrong, please list the benefits you get that exceed his.

#55     Apr 19, 2003
  6. Indulge me. Regardless of your opinion that it is "foolish" to argue for a lfat tax because it is never going to happen, from a theoretical standpoint, What is wrong with a flat tax?

Following your reasoning that a flat tax won't happen so why argue about it, then why are you trying to make sense when we know it ain't gonna happen?

#56     Apr 19, 2003
  7. tampa

tampa

You sir, are a moron. Did I suggest increasing the tax burden of the rich? No. But being unable to address any thing I have posted, you result to fabrications yet one more time.

I am through with you, my stupid friend. If and when you can deal with what is being said, perhaps we can pick up the conversation again - but not until then.

#57     Apr 19, 2003
  8. Regarding Mr. Gates. I am not looking for more or less bang for the buck than he gets. You keep looking at absolute dollars. In that case I will stipulate that Gates Payes way more in dollars than I do and that he gets back in dollars more than me. So what?

Why do you put a moral or value judgement on what his reward should be? Your statement that isn't 10 billion enough of a reward begs the question. He earned whatever he gets. Too bd it wasn't me. I am trying everyday to make as much as I can!

#58     Apr 19, 2003
  9. Your last post to Max401 was classic. Attack the person not the facts or the issue. Take your faulty debating skills somewhere else. I am bored by your simple minded responses -- or non-responses.

Attack me too now for it is all you can do.

#59     Apr 19, 2003
  10. Have a good night! I appreciate your posts. I am sure anyone who took the time to read them would understand them and appreciate them too even if they disagreed. Well almost anyone...

#60     Apr 19, 2003