tax rates and the constitution

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FRuiTY PeBBLe, Apr 18, 2003.

1. What state? What part of the Constitution do you think is applicable?

#21     Apr 18, 2003
  2. tampa

tampa

Interesting how it's always the "politicians" - who pray tell do you think the politicians are? They are people. They are your friends and neighbors. The only difference between you and the politicians you hate, is that they got off their asses and got elected. They were elected not by green humanoids from Pluto, but by the people.

The same goes for the filthy Democrats you so despise - they are people elected by the people to be and do Democratic things. They are doing the will and work of the people.

Maybe not your will, but the will of the majority of voters who sent them to govern.

Fruity, I read your wish list for what government should do. I failed to see any requirement for agencies such as the SEC. Was that an oversight? I am sure that you don't mind government protection in the markets to keep unscrupulous brokers/traders/corporations from fleecing you. But that's a horse of a different color, isn't it? A government service you directly benefit from.

You didn't mention where you live, but my guess is that there is a lot of government spending in your town or state - spending that provides jobs - jobs that support local business - spending that eventually benefits you, such as propping up the housing market, or providing employment for your wife or kid.

You say that you want a flat tax - why? Because you think that it will lower your tax bill, that's why. But I'll bet you don't really know what your real tax rate is. Do you know what a family of four with a $50,000 annual income pays in Federal Income tax? Less than 8% using standard deductions. George Bush paid 31% on income well over $800,000. He'd love to pay 15% - but that average family probably wouldn't be to thrilled to have their tax bill double.

You see Fruity, the Constitution isn't the only thing you don't know a lot about.

#22     Apr 18, 2003
  3. Fact: The majority of the Fed income tax revenue is paid by the top tiers of income earners, not the huge middle class, i.e. a minority of the tax paying public pays in most of the tax revenue in this country.

#23     Apr 18, 2003
  4. Please. Don't treat me like I was born yesterday. Just because our government does some things that are good does not mean we shouldn't fix the problems. Take your head out of the sand.

F. P.

#24     Apr 18, 2003
  5. I want a flat tax and it turns out I would probably pay less with it. But that is not the point. Equality is the point. Charging higher rates for making more is penalizing success. What is wrong with everyone paying the same percentage of their wages in taxes with NO deductions?

#25     Apr 18, 2003
  6. NOTHING!

#26     Apr 18, 2003
  7. Yes. And while they're fixing the tax system, fix these fucking PDT rules, too. Giving me restrictions (that other people don't have) because my account is under $25k doesn't seem like equality to me. How the fuck did that shit get enacted.....

F. P.

#27     Apr 18, 2003
  8. tampa

tampa

Who derives the most benefit from the government - the guy earning 35 grand, or the guy earning 35 million?

Really think about it before you answer...

#28     Apr 18, 2003
  9. No question, the $35G person.

#29     Apr 18, 2003
  10. tampa

tampa

Must of been the filthy Democrats who don't want you messin' 'round in the market place. You know how they're always doing stuff to help the fags and darkies - they wanted to cut the daytrading margins in half for the welfare crowd, so they put in the PDT rule to cover the whole thing up, and screw with fine conservative fellows like you.

#30     Apr 18, 2003