Tax Question

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Shadow23, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Shadow23

Shadow23

Hello,

I have a question for everyone out there. I have someone who is wiring me money from what he says is the sale of brokerage services, and i am suppose to wire out a piece and keep the rest.

Example. If he wires me 5,000 i keep 250, 300 is for western union fees, the rest 4450 wired to over seas. I had this very senerio and its real.

I was wondering, is it illegal? what can i do tax wise?

also, he made me sign a contract that says im a independent contractor, as a transfer agent.

Let me know your thoughts....

2. It has to be fraud in my opinion. Don't touch it with a ten foot pole.

3. sounds like he has access to an account that isnt his and is hoping you can get him the cash real quick before you get busted...steer clear of this one

4. heypa

heypa

It's a very common scam. Either money laundering or a busted wire transfer after you have acted. The ten foot pole suggestion is a very good one.
    IMHO you can only lose on this one.
    Money laundering can get serious.

5. pt199

pt199

Wow! I cant beleive you're dumb enough to fall for this...That $300 won't help much toward the $8000 lawyer fee you"ll soon be facing...You may already be an accessory to money laundering and If I were you I would turn that over to Homeland Security asap!

6. moarla

moarla

fraud. and YOU will go to jail, NOT your friend

7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

This is a fraud common on Craigslist.

You will be out $4500.

8. hitnrun

hitnrun

a scam. stay away

9. Shadow23

Shadow23

Just to update.

I did receive a wire transfer in my account ( Seperate account) it cleared. I went to the bank and was able to take out the full ammount in cash. Its real.

I was told i would receive an invoice for the transaction to see if its real, for something baught. I was told its to get around the VAT ( Value added tax) and its legal apparently.

What can i do to make it legal on my end? I thought it was a job, i dont know how i could get in trouble if im just looking for extra cash....