Tax prep options

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by Shadetree42, Feb 2, 2013.

1. bat1

bat1

tradelog costs to much

600 records for 119?

i do 600 a week :D

#11     Mar 17, 2013
  2. ???

300 for unlimited records

#12     Mar 17, 2013
  3. Plenty of traders pay us $1,000 for federal and state tax prep if they are simple and organized. Plus, it's a business deduction with trader tax status. That's not a bad after-tax cost when you consider that we save many of our clients thousands of dollars in taxes and more. Some complex and unorganized clients pay us considerably more, but they are not the norm.

Why pay a few hundred less after-tax and potentially fall into key pitfalls, get a much smaller refund or tax benefit, miss vital tax elections, and have IRS worries?

Don't fall for pitches from some of our competitors. Some aren't CPAs and they don't have a CPA code of ethics. Others are one-man shop CPAs where the owner does the tax prep himself, but who checks his work and finds the errors? We have state-of-the art best practices, a full review function, excellent tax research, proven ideas to save money, tax attorney support and everything else that you need!

#13     Mar 28, 2013
  4. My experience is that you cannot file a return at Green for less than $1,000. I have the simplest trader return one could imagine, and it was $1,300-$1,400 total. Managed from a guy in Alabama, who was about about as passive as one could be in looking out for his client's interests. If that's what you want, so be it. It wasn't what I wanted, so I moved on.

#14     May 22, 2013
  5. Just learned something new today. Spot Fx has no reporting to the IRS. Kinda strange? If I trade spot fx , I can run a report of all my trades Jan 2 and start on my taxes right away. No more hassles filing extensions due to late/delayed K1's or inaccurate 1099's that need to be matched with longs.

#15     Jul 16, 2013
  6. Why do forex forward dealers issue 1099s, yet retail spot forex brokers do not?
    http://www.greencompany.com/blog/index.php?postid=160

PS. Trust me, we have many clients that pay close to 1k in total for tax compliance work and they are thrilled with our proactive role in finding more tax savings for them. http://www.greencompany.com/Company/Testimonials-Preps.shtml

My co-managing member Darren Neuschwander, CPA does a great job running our office building in AL with most of our staff on location. We have some other CPAs in NC and elsewhere in the U.S., all working off our cloud-based state of the art servers for CPAs. I live and work in CT and my second home in NYC on weekends. We are very creative in saving money for clients and tax compliance is our core business. We aim to please and take it very seriously. We will save you much more money than you pay us and it's a business deduction with trader tax status. Why save a few hundred to lose thousands in tax breaks? Plus, fall into pitfalls. Thanks.

#16     Jul 16, 2013
  7. cstu

cstu

I am in the process of starting a hedge fund and expect to pay significantly more than $1000 dollars or the numbers being bandied about on this thread.

I expect to interview and hire a well respected professional for my needs. It makes me very nervous and uncomfortable that the only way I can "interview" for my needs is to pay a fee for a "consult".

Does anyone know a firm in the NYC area, I can meet in person, describe my needs (and receive input from them) and hire and put on retainer immediately?

#17     Aug 1, 2013