Tax on Trades Should Be Part of Rescue Plan, Some Democrats Say

Discussion in 'Trading' started by seasideheights, Sep 25, 2008.

1. DeFazio's contact info:

http://www.defazio.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=127&Itemid=74

#71     Sep 25, 2008
  2. I'm against anyone in political office that has never taken a basic Econ. 101A class.
    And unfortunately, that means just about everyone in the House and Senate.

:(

#72     Sep 25, 2008
  3. Quit holding back and tell us how you REALLY feel, a28! :D

I'm with you. This is some scary shit. It would really f*ck us traders. :mad:

#73     Sep 25, 2008
  4. oh man, this is baddddd news

Look at all the kinds of bullshit they are pulling, first the short sale ban (even on stocks like IBM ?!) and now this.. And the market has only fallen approx. 20%, the real economy hasn't even contracted yet!

Can you imagine the crazy shit they are going to do when things really start to get hairy? Man I have no idea but it's not going to be good for anybody who's profession is even remotely associated with wall street.

heaven help us

#74     Sep 25, 2008
  5. It's like the whole country. Free market capitalism should be REQUIRED lessons. Of course it would never fly with one of the chapters being "Why School Choice Delivers More For Less".........

#75     Sep 25, 2008
  6. So, if it did happen, when would it take effect? The day the bill is passed? Do we need to look this legislation over as soon as it is passed? How do they normally start new taxes on things, it's normally the new tax year, right?

#76     Sep 25, 2008
  7. wjk

wjk

Punish all for the actions of a few. Enact new laws because the old ones aren't enforced. Etc... These fuckers have been in DC way to long. Totally out of touch. We need an end to career politics. Sure would be nice to see a turnover. 535 would be about right.

#77     Sep 25, 2008
  8. sprstpd

sprstpd

No no you don't understand. It will just magically be enacted overnight, kind of like banning short selling!

#78     Sep 25, 2008
  9. sprstpd

sprstpd

And these are the people we expect to make a good decision on a $700B bailout bill?

#79     Sep 25, 2008
  10. So, you're saying it would all be collected from the broker. That's fine, at least I'd know about it then. If it's something I'd have to put on my tax return, I'd hate to get that surprise, if it was retroactive, well, then I guess I'd just be bankrupt.

ETA: I don't mean it's fine, I just mean I wouldn't be screwed without knowing.

#80     Sep 25, 2008