Tax on Trades Should Be Part of Rescue Plan, Some Democrats Say

Discussion in 'Trading' started by seasideheights, Sep 25, 2008.

1. well the transaction tax is no where in the bill

#561     Oct 1, 2008
  2. I've checked with a few trading companies. Nobody has heard of this.

Rumours like this used to spread like wildfire on trading floors. Perhaps this is just a false rumour. A Senator can propose anything he wants, doesn't mean it'll make it into the bill and doesn't mean it'll pass as an amendment.

#562     Oct 1, 2008
  3. It was never on any bill, but DeFazio and ratface Kucinich have mentioned it several times so it wasn't just a rumour. Granted, no one of any importance (Franks, Pelosi, Dodd etc) ever mentioned it.

#563     Oct 1, 2008
  4. You're right, what I was trying to point out with that math lesson is how ridiculous it is.

It's simply some nobody politician (DeFazio) who is trying to make a name for himself.

Well, congratulations Mr. DeFazio, you succeeded. Your new name is Mr. SHITHEAD. :D

#564     Oct 1, 2008
  5. I totally agree with you, Red Ink.

#565     Oct 1, 2008
  6. Oh ya, DeFazio is a complete nobody, that's what irritates me so much about all this.. as The Rock would say, he should know his role, and shut his mouth

#566     Oct 1, 2008
  7. Yeah, but that still pisses me off. Exempting b/d's, MM's, etc. is just creating economic rents for pros at the expense of customers. And I'm just arrogant enough to think that I can make money without the playing field being tilted in my favour.

In the end, taxes create a drag on the economy. We need less of all of taxes, not more.

#567     Oct 1, 2008
  8. Yes there will be exemptions, but the liquidity would dry up significantly... nothing good comes out of this.

#568     Oct 1, 2008
  9. Klamath

Klamath

If they make exceptions for broker-dealers and mm's, what the point of the tax? To punish the people who *weren't* responsible?

#569     Oct 1, 2008
  10. To make the markets less volatile while collecting additional revenue.

#570     Oct 1, 2008