Tax on Trades Should Be Part of Rescue Plan, Some Democrats Say

Discussion in 'Trading' started by seasideheights, Sep 25, 2008.

1. my fear is that it will be part of a bill that passes this week

#451     Sep 30, 2008
  2. .. we can all discuss our fears with our mommy's and daddy's... if people are just going to whine and complain in this thread, then what do you think you're accomplishing? Call your congressmen... take action.. don't just sit ideally by and complain

#452     Sep 30, 2008
  3. go fuck yourself

nobody's forcing you to read it

odd that those who complain about complainers dont see themselves as complainers

#453     Sep 30, 2008
  4. Has anybody heard Pelosi or Barney Frank mention this dreaded transaction tax? Everything I've read regarding the new improved bailout has not mentioned a transaction tax at all. Now if Pelosi or Frank were to mention this I would be really worried...

-Guru

#454     Sep 30, 2008
  5. No, how about you go fuck yourself and grow up. All successful traders need this to NOT BE A PART OF THE PLAN so do your fucking part and call in and write in and grow up, kid.

#455     Sep 30, 2008
  6. OffTilt

OffTilt Guest

The transaction tax would probably create too much controversy to push the bill through as quickly as they would like.

#456     Sep 30, 2008
  7. clacy

clacy

How the fuck do you know that the people participating in this thread haven't called/emailed their congressmen? I have and I'm particpating in the thread.

Get over yourself.

#457     Sep 30, 2008
  8. bears21

bears21

the transaction tax has ways around it, in london the stamp tax which is even more than the imposed tax rate here in the us would be is a non issue if you are a member of the london stock exchange, the same would be true here in the states, the nyse cme would be giving away exchange status to traders like it was candy if this law passes. exchange members would be exempt otherwise this country would lose 10x the amount of income tax from these companies if they didnt make them exempt from this tax

#458     Sep 30, 2008
  9. I never said people weren't acting, although I'm sure many that are writing in this thread are not. All I'm saying is we have to make our voices heard to the people that are in power and don't have a clue what they are talking about. Discussing how incredibly stupid this idea would be amongst a group that is intelligent enough to already understand the financial ramifications may help us let out some steam, but it does not help fight this. I am not attacking anyone, I am simply urging anyone that has not acted, to ACT, this is important.

#459     Sep 30, 2008
  10. " I am not attacking anyone"

bullshit

#460     Sep 30, 2008