Tax on Trades Should Be Part of Rescue Plan, Some Democrats Say

Discussion in 'Trading' started by seasideheights, Sep 25, 2008.

1. The wrong taxes make it worse....

If you love the US.....

Which many of us do.....

You do things to make it better, not worse.....

A good person can cause more harm than a crook, because of stupidity....

Taxing securities is stupidity...

Plain and very very simple......

The template needs to be changed...

What would make things much better is just a 10% consumption tax....

Tax revenues would rocket upwards....Every business of any substance would want to be in the US, and create lots of jobs....

#421     Sep 29, 2008
  2. gnome

gnome

You've outed yourself as a TOTAL IDIOT. It's dumbasses like you who elect Congress!

#422     Sep 29, 2008
  3. This has to be sarcasm.

#423     Sep 29, 2008
  4. It's not. Look at his other posts.

#424     Sep 29, 2008
  5. I see two answers. Stupid and apathetic people elect stupid leaders.

Also, don't assume the elected "leaders" are actually looking out for your best interests, and not their own (or rather the anti-American interests of those that own the politicians.) They may know exactly how damaging to the Constitution and freedom all of their bad decisions are. Free markets, the Constitution, freedom, etc. are a hindrance to those who already pull the strings.

#425     Sep 29, 2008
  6. MKTrader

MKTrader

With apologies to H. L. Mencken, one of his best quotes (with a little word substitution) sums up this whole issue in a sentence:

"No one ever went bankrupt underestimating the financial illiteracy of the American public."

#426     Sep 29, 2008
  7. So with this bailout bill not passing what does that mean for the transaction tax? I still can't fathom how this would ever see the light of day but who knows. Is the idea dead?

-Guru

#427     Sep 29, 2008
  8. No, I actually don't assume that they have integrity - I assume that, on the whole, they do what is most profitable to them - whatever that might be at the moment.

#428     Sep 30, 2008
  9. This thread is dangerously close to ending up in politics.

#429     Sep 30, 2008
  10. first of all, i'll post whatever i feel like, you're not the moderator here

secondly, the h-1b is similar to this because it 'singles out' one group of people. in 2001, the industry actually shed jobs, with 195,000 foreign workers coming in . 9 out of 10 workers hired were h-1b

no other occupation got this treatment - everyone thought tech workers were 'fat cats'

there are a LOT of similarities, you're just too stupid to see it.

this issue is the government singling out a group of people, and putting them out of business, without cause

my point is that in the beginning, members of the targetted group will debate 'this' and reason 'that' - they underestimate what can be done to you just because you've been targetted, that some level of political power has it in for you

that's what this is about

in the case of tech workers, had every one of them fought back, with everything they had, it would have ended differently. but they hesitated, thinking 'reason will prevail'. that they were 'above' politics, because they had it all figured out. they didnt and got creamed

#430     Sep 30, 2008