Tax on Trades Should Be Part of Rescue Plan, Some Democrats Say

Discussion in 'Trading' started by seasideheights, Sep 25, 2008.

1. class warfare is finally getting out in the open. although the WM CEO walking away with $20MM for 17 days work seems wrong - i guess you gotta try and go after the BOD. i mean, dude didnt even know his company had been snatched by FDIC and sold.

third party, or some would say a second party:D , is gonna emerge.

#391     Sep 28, 2008
  2. ill just say this... basically, the banks knew what they were doing. some stayed honest, but the rest were almost insane. so the banks that are getting bailed out actually originated a bunch of this sludge. the banks were the front line of originating the bad paper.

#392     Sep 28, 2008
  3. Obama can plan that all he wants but it will never happen. But it does go to show what an extremist he is.

#393     Sep 28, 2008
  4. So only criminals can conceal.

Hmm, brilliant move.

#394     Sep 28, 2008
  5. I have complete respect and absolutely agree with everything you are saying here.

These are the facts people.

#395     Sep 28, 2008
  6. Can you supply a link, please.

#396     Sep 28, 2008
  7. LOL, the fools are actually trying to think this one through!?#Q!!@ - I'm shocked.

If this is true the only people allowed to carry guns will be the POLICE ... and the thugs who rob and steal. :eek: :p

#397     Sep 28, 2008
  8. #398     Sep 28, 2008
  9. From what I can find on the net, there seems to be no mention of a transaction tax. Looks like we dodged a bullet for the time being. Personally, I don't think it will ever happen as the lobbies from the Chicago exchanges will explain pretty well to Congress what a disaster it would be. I could see a fixed dollar transaction tax though. Say a buck per trade. This would be far higher than the current tax, and screw the high volume guys that don't pay much more than that total, but I don't believe it would collapse the industry.

It would definitely suck however.

#399     Sep 28, 2008
  10. never, ever assume that. once society labels you 'pariah' status (like tech workers got), unless you have someone on capital hill giving you the 'all clear', you're not, and argueably, not even then

you wont see anywhere on the net via search engine that there was a huge guest worker bill last week

'a huge guest worker bill during a supposed DEPRESSION?!?!?'

yup
    - it's going to be a depression, with a 'shortage of workers'

total scum they are

this was sceduled for a committe vote on tuesday

from numbersusa

Financial Industry Collapsing -- But Some In Congress Still Trying To Give Away More US Jobs To Foreign Workers
    By Roy Beck, Updated Tuesday, September 16, 2008, 5:43 PM

A lot of you are calling Senate offices and being told that NumbersUSA is overstating the seriousness of the crisis we have been telling you about. There is no question that the situation at this moment is confusing, and there may be nobody who understands it all. I will try to share what we know at this moment and appeal to you to keep the pressure on because I believe we remain in great danger of the Senate taking up a bill with a big surge in permanent foreign worker visas this month.

Read Full Blog Post

#400     Sep 28, 2008