Tax on Trades Should Be Part of Rescue Plan, Some Democrats Say

Discussion in 'Trading' started by seasideheights, Sep 25, 2008.

1. i tell ya what, MSFT may think twice about doing a 40 billion dollar buyback, would be very expensive for them

#261     Sep 27, 2008
  2. At .25% there won't be a market anymore.

#262     Sep 27, 2008
  3. they're looking to spank somebody too with this bail-out plan, and traders are first in line. Total BS :( :( :(

#263     Sep 27, 2008
  4. lol day traders and black box boys are doing 50-70% of total vol on the exchanges. shit i'm pushing 700k shares a day.ALSO WE HAVEN'T EVEN TALKED ABOUT THE HUGE INCREASED COST THAT MUTUAL FUNDS WILL HAVE TO PASS ON TO THERE HOLDERS. this would affect everyone. we can't control what happens.maybe it means few will trade and just buy and hold and stocks will rise 50% a year.

#264     Sep 27, 2008
  5. JOSEF

JOSEF

<I>Okay, I wrote a letter. Please feel free to cut and paste and use it. Also, *please* comment because it's been a long while since I've written much of anything. I'll revise it based on comments.

http://susannahscratchpad.blogspot.com/</i>

Great letter. You captured it very well. I urge other people to do the same. I just wrote to both my senators and my representative in the House. It can't hurt.

#265     Sep 27, 2008
  6. Klamath

Klamath

We need to emphasize how this would hurt the RETAIL INVESTOR. Because nobody gives a crap about daytraders.

#266     Sep 27, 2008
  7. bellman

bellman

Damned politicians (and the entire media for that matter). They don't understand the cause of the problem. It was not subprime lending, it was not speculators. It's the banking system that can't disiminate free money for a consistent proffitt and can't survive a 20% downturn. There has got to be a more efficient and stable manner of controlling money supply, and it involves actually more trading and more speculation, and less good ol' boys banking tactics! How can all of the rhetoric on this mess be so entirely miss guided! It's uber-frustrating.

#267     Sep 27, 2008
  8. clacy

clacy

Exactly. These people could care less about the 10,000 (tops) day traders in the US. But, they must understand that you are now taxing EVERY single stock, mutual fund or pension holder in this country.

Damn, the Democrats are fucking idiots.

#268     Sep 27, 2008
  9. good point

#269     Sep 27, 2008
  10. buylo

buylo

Soooooooooo.........all traders, not just mortgage backed security traders would suffer. Sounds great. Weren't the politicians the ones who created Fannie and Freddie to buy these pieces of crap and push higher risk lending on banks? Granted that was decades ago (Louis Ranieri), but who do we blame NOW? The traders and speculators in a free market?

Yes, I am part of all of this. Full time daytrader, and a real estate speculator. Got burned on some houses and in the end, it really is my fault. Sell at a loss and learn a lesson, same as in the US 10year futures I trade. Come back stronger and smarter.

#270     Sep 27, 2008