Tax on Trades Should Be Part of Rescue Plan, Some Democrats Say

Discussion in 'Trading' started by seasideheights, Sep 25, 2008.

1. I am not surprised by this. Create a crisis, then tax your way out of it. Damn, it's like Hussein is already in the White House!

#11     Sep 25, 2008
  2. Clearly this would include ETF trades, but what about mutual fund trades? money market fund trades?

I just finished eating lunch (I'm on the West Coast). Excuse me, I have to go throw up now....:mad:

#12     Sep 25, 2008
  3. just21

just21

In Britain there is 0.5% on stock purchases but not ETF, futures or options. People spreadbet and trade contracts for differences which are not taxed.

#13     Sep 25, 2008
  4. Klamath

Klamath

There's no fucking way this could happen...

is there?

#14     Sep 25, 2008
  5. Dustin

Dustin

This would indeed put us all out of business. Would cost me 10-15k per day and I'm not even a high volume trader.

Liquidity would be GONE.

Worst idea in the history of ideas.

#15     Sep 25, 2008
  6. Wouldn't surprise me if the only knowledge of what "ES" means came to Pelosi through an intern...

#16     Sep 25, 2008
  7. euclid

euclid

Surely a 25BP tax on all transactions would kill arbitrage and pretty much kill the derivatives markets in the US. Wouldn't it cause a bigger problem than the one they're trying to fix?

#17     Sep 25, 2008
  8. SEND THE URL OF THE STORY TO YOUR BROKER SO THEY CAN FIGHT IT.

#18     Sep 25, 2008
  9. Daal

Daal

no. I dont think even obama would sign this. buffett would surely tell him this is just awful

#19     Sep 25, 2008
  10. Klamath

Klamath

Yes. it's all my fault, I should pay for it.

Put me out of business while Paulson keeps his 600 million, or whatever he got from GS.

Bastards.

#20     Sep 25, 2008