Tax on Trades Should Be Part of Rescue Plan, Some Democrats Say

Discussion in 'Trading' started by seasideheights, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Cayman Islands for starters, if that gets to be more than I can handle then it's off to Andorra.... same goes if Obama gets elected and raises capital gains to 40%.

#111     Sep 25, 2008
  2. clacy

clacy

Where are all of the libs on this board? Weigh in please.........

Support your Democrats.

#112     Sep 25, 2008
  3. Really hope ALL of you are calling and emailing your opinions to this idiot. If you're not, then clearly you're not making a living trading.

#113     Sep 25, 2008
  4. clacy

clacy

This won't happen, by the way. No Replican would vote for it and a lot of Dems most likely would not like it either. These guys are bought and paid for by Wall Street. Both sides. This would kill WS and the finance industry in the US. If enacted, the market would drop another 50% and any congressmen that supported it would be toast.

#114     Sep 25, 2008
  5. Just think how screwed I'd be. I've been a full time, self employed trader for 21 years now. Who the hell would hire someone who has been self employed for almost his entire career? I have several degrees, but they were a long time ago. I could retire, but I'd have to go to a third World country to do it with the funds I have stashed away.

I would be soooo fucked.

#115     Sep 25, 2008
  6. poyayan

poyayan

This does not compute.

MSFT/INTC employee has nothing to do with wallstreet.

#116     Sep 25, 2008
  7. clacy

clacy

Logic has no place in a Democrat's though process (most Republicans as well).

For them it is all about stoping capitalism. At the end of the day, they absolutely despise capitalism and people who benefit from capitalism (except themselves of course).

#117     Sep 25, 2008
  8. Bob111

Bob111

they forgot last thing to complete this proposal.in addition to current PDT rules this tax should be applied only to individuals and retail accounts.
    those little retail guys (like you and me)are responsible for this mess.
    yeah..we are financial terrorists now. wait for FBI @ your door, when next time you short AIG. :D :D :D

#118     Sep 25, 2008
  9. Hey Obama lovers, where are you now?

Speak up!

edit: actually obama would probably even laugh at this but its still a dem proposal.

#119     Sep 25, 2008
  10. Conservative Democrat/Liberal Republican voting, card-carrying undecided here would like to point out to all of those who have their undies in a bundle that this silly idea was proposed by a handful of Democrats.

A handful. 16 out of well over 200.

No senators, as far as I know.

Yes, it is a silly idea, on par with the conservative Republican idea to pay for the $700 billion by eliminating capital gains taxes. Maybe even worse.

I resent extremism from either side. The Daily Kos'ers and the Michelle Malkinites are ruining this country by their insultingly simplistic solutions to admittedly difficult problems.

I trust that the moderate wings of both parties (people like Warner,, Specter, Baucus, and Bayh) will put their heads together and put forth something reasonable.

#120     Sep 25, 2008