Tax Holiday coming up. (Peaceful protest)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Apr 3, 2010.

1. <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JtxqtBq0uVw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JtxqtBq0uVw&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

talebi818 you may what to call my buddy veto in Brooklyn, he has a great deal on a bridge for sale..

#11     Apr 4, 2010
  2. Yeppers... second, third, fourth, fifth and tenth that.... very well said

#12     Apr 4, 2010
  3. theres gonna be a fucking tax revolt coming soon if obama is not stopped

#13     Apr 4, 2010
  4. clacy

clacy

I agree that there is virtually no one in congress that has more than an ounce of fiscal restraint or unselfishness when it comes to making tough choices.

But who elects, and even worse re-elects these criminals? You guessed it, you and I. That's the point. We just had en election, where the entire Democratic party ran on a platform to enact health care reform, and progressive based change to the US. They get in office and do just what they said they were going to do and all of a sudden people are upset.

(Not saying the other side is perfect, but they certainly presented a contrast to what we have now)

If people want to reform the parties, or introduce a 3rd party, then they need to put their money where their mouth is and back these candidates with time, effort and money.

#14     Apr 4, 2010
  5. MKTrader

MKTrader

To support and defend the constitution, we must....

Boycott large corporations, fast food joints, offshore banks and online stores? Is Wendy's really behind all the tax/spend/regulate/stimulate nonsense of the last few years?

Of course not. This sounds like a bunch of confused, populist "buy local" extremists who can't even identify the real problems.

#15     Apr 4, 2010
  6. clacy

clacy

Not to mention, how do you know that the local Wendy's isn't a franchise owned by someone in your neighborhood? Also, what about the employees at large corporations? Do we want them to be laid off, because of a boycott that wasn't well thought out?

#16     Apr 4, 2010
  7. Nope... not I said the Robin...

I did not vote for or elect Bush or Obama or any of these guys... my candidate did not reach to where i could vote for him to be president or in the Senate... and i will not vote for the lesser of two evils...

Bush should be in the Hague for War Crimes and ditto for Obama... now that he has escalated the AfPak wars...

It was easy to see... Once oBama voted for the FISA amendment while he was still only running for the Pres office in the 2008 primaries when he did not have to and Russ Finegold voted against it... I realized the writings on the wall and would not vote for him or support him anymore... he was no different than other before him just a lot more articulate.

and almost everything he has done in office up to now has re confirmed i was right about him.

i want a tax revolt ... i want a populist uprising... peaceful as can be... but we are NOT going to get any change until that happens and a TAX revolt sounds really the right way to go if done right...:eek:

#17     Apr 4, 2010
  8. MKTrader

MKTrader

Wow, Obama's Kool-Aid must taste better than Jim Jones'. Let's see:

1) Obama signed the Tobacco Tax. Plenty of smokers, dippers and chewers make less than $250K.

2) Health care includes taxes that affect many making under $250K

3) If Cap-n-Trade is finalized, it's nothing more than a thinly veiled tax on anyone paying utility bills

4) His administration keeps pushing the repeal of 60/40 for traders. If you're a trader (doubtful) making less than $250K (likely), this would affect you.

#18     Apr 4, 2010
  9. let me also point out if you are living in san fran, nyc with a family...200k is very little:mad:

#19     Apr 4, 2010
  10. Rebuttals

1)Not everyone smokes, I dont so it doesnt raise my taxes

2)Too soon to even to know. That is you're Tea-Baggers tea that you sip to much that tells you that Health Care Reform is going to hurt the middle class. Please provide proof for your argument

3)That is a HUGE if for Cap n Trade if it even gets passed. Plus if it does pass, we can participate in Cap n Trade by buying and selling companies warrants for pollution. Please provide proof for your argument

4)This is also a HUGE if and is likely not going to pass either.

BTW i do trade and i do makes less the 250k a year.

Dont expect to win an argument if you plan on using logical fallacies (if you know what that means)

That fact that you probably wont even respond to my reply proves that Anti-Democrats do not have a solid argument for the Democrats's solutions and they do not have a solution for any of America's problems

#20     Apr 4, 2010