Tax Hike Mike

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Econmajor, Dec 4, 2007.

1. doodoo... why the love for huckadork all of a sudden. he isnt your candidate... why you pushing him so? do you fear Ron Paul that much? hmmmmmmmmm very strange.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-qlaGG5ZQB0&rel=1&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-qlaGG5ZQB0&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

#21     Dec 5, 2007
  2. why the love for huckadork all of a sudden. he isnt your candidate...
    He is the most credible republican candidate with the best chance to win in the general election, besides he is an economic populist so I might as well consider voting for him (although his "fair" tax nonsense bothers me and I am still not clear on his position on immigration). I'd love to see Huck vs Biden next year.

do you fear Ron Paul that much?
    Ron who? Ron "2% libertarians + 2% conspiracy nuts" Paul? LOL, I already told you, life is too short, I have neither time nor interest to comment on third-tier, fringe candidates like Paul, Kusinich or Gravel.

PS I don't call your guy moRon Paul while you keep insulting Huckabee, I don't turn every thread into a discussion about Huckabee the way you attempt to hijack every thread with your Ron Paul nonsense, I don't spam this forum with pathetic and meaningless youtube videos the way you do. So tell me, who is desperate, who is terrified.

#22     Dec 5, 2007
  3. I can actually see a scenario in which Huck runs against Hillary with big business, lobbists and Wall street backing Hillary and economic populists a la Lou Dobbs supporting Huck. Then my head will explode.

#23     Dec 5, 2007
  4. #24     Dec 5, 2007
  5. Huckabee's odyssey certainly brings back reminiscences of Carter's 1976 campaign.

I agree that Huckabee is bizarrely the GOP's best shot against Hillary. (I still say Gore will be the nominee) I heard of a Huck/McCain ticket being speculated upon. Lots of crossover appeal there.

Rudy, Mitt, Obama, Edwards....pre-packaged BS. No wonder. 3 out of those 4 are attorneys.

#25     Dec 5, 2007
  6. huckadork is CFR approved! oh goody.. another fake conservative, pro war... chickenhawk with a sociopathic son. NOW THATS WHAT I CALL ELECTABILITY!

PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU VOMIT LIKE I DID AFTERWARDS?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZALxUx6SkWA&rel=1&border=0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZALxUx6SkWA&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

#26     Dec 5, 2007
  7. #27     Dec 6, 2007
  8. I agree. He has elements of Bush, Carter and Clinton. He is clearly in the Bush mold as a big government "compassionate" conservative. I doubt he has a clue what Ron Paul is talking about. He frightens me with his talk of what we "owe" the iraqis or how the illegal immigration crisis is a second chance to get on the right side of the civil rights issue.

I think his apparent popularity has a lot to do with his opposition. Guiliani is a liberal with a messy personal life. Romney has the Mormon thing, plus a history of taking fairly liberal positions. Thompson seems less Reaganesque and more crochety old man the more we hear him. Last time I heard him he was whining that Fox News had it in for him. This after Hannity gave him a softball interview. McCain has repeatedly backstabbed conservatives, most famously on amnesty.

#28     Dec 6, 2007
  9. why are so called conservatives flocking to this guy?
    only social conservatives are.

He is the antithesis of what the GOP is supposed to be about.
    Isn't the GOP supposed to be pro-religion, pro-moral values, pro-family, pro-life. Where do Rudy and Mitt fit in?

He is weak on crime
    FWIW he executed more criminals than any other Arkansas governor.

and taxes
    He supports "fair" tax, he also had to balance Arkansas budget. Isn't the GOP supposed to be about fiscal discipline and balanced budget?

#29     Dec 6, 2007
  10. The GOP is supposed to be about small Government and low spending. Of course that went right out the window since January, 2001.

I'm not sure that the GOP even knows what the GOP is supposed to be anymore. Which is why I am independent!

#30     Dec 6, 2007