Tax Hike Mike

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Econmajor, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Well then, I hope you enjoy bailing out the sub prime mortgage (se habla espanol) dunces (both borrowers and lenders), if indeed you pay taxes and think that is money put to good use, though I can't imagine you, anyone, would.

#11     Dec 4, 2007
  2. To me Huckabee seems more like an old-fashioned populist than a conservative. He has some conservative social positions, but he doesn't see why the government shouldn't tax one group and give it to another. He doesn't see illegal immigration as a threat to our country. He has zero international or military experience. Basically, he would he Bill Clinton without the girls.

Insiders are beginning to suggest that Guiliani and Huckabee have some sort of implicit non-aggression policy, based on the idea that Huckabee would be the ideal VP candidate to balance out Rudy's personal and geograhpical problems. It will be interesting to see if this pact holds if Huckabee becomes a solidly first tier candidate. I can't see him wanting Rudy as his VP candidate if he got the nomination.

I don't think either of them or the pair together make a very good ticket. There are a lot of people, not just Evangelicals, who dislike either Guiliani or his stands on various issues. It's kind of insulting to assume that voters' fundamental principles can be bought off so easily by putting Huckabee on the ticket. Huckabee is an even weaker candidate. His resume is pretty thin, consisting of stints in Baptist and state politics. Both times he left conservatives incensed by his actions. He draws only a portion of Evangelicals, his core support group. Plenty of them want nothing to do with him.

#12     Dec 4, 2007
  3. #13     Dec 4, 2007
  4. Oh and btw he is one of the most fervent proponents of the "fair" tax proposal. How more conservative can you get?

#14     Dec 4, 2007
  5. huckabee is a fake conservative who jumped in bed with the CFR. he is for giving illegal aliens scholarships and he lobbied hard to get a rapist paroled early, who then went and murdered another woman. now he is lying about it. the man is a big fraud and his son is bizarre.

give it up doodoo.... huckleberry is not our candidate he is the media's boy and we will do our best to keep exposing this puppet. find someone else to put up against Ron Paul, Huckleberry aint it. go sell ur fake conservative somewhere else, this one stinks too bad.

#15     Dec 4, 2007
  6. #16     Dec 4, 2007
  7. Mom: 'Carol Sue Would Be Alive Today' If Not for Huckabee

Huckabee recently told CNN, "None of us could've predicted what Dumond could've done when he got out."

It's Bush and the levees all over again. No one could have predicted. Yeah, no one could have predicted that a convicted rapist who mauled a 17 year old high school student would then turn around and maul another woman after he was let out of prison early as a result of Huckabee's intervention. And now Huckabee is trying to cover up the entire affair. This story isn't going away. And I'm sure we can expect mom to be starring in many a TV commercial, and doing many a talk show. And when the right-wing noise machine starts attacking mom, like they did the first girl this monster raped, then we'll see whose side Mike Huckabee is really on.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't think Huckabee thought the man would rape again. I just think that Huckabee didn't care if the man would rape again. Huckabee was more interested in anti-Bill-Clinton conspiracy theories, the fact that the first womant he man raped was a distant Clinton relative, than he was the danger of putting a convicted rapist back on the street. Huckabee tried to take a cheap shot at Bill Clinton through his raped cousin and a woman is dead as a result. Did Huckabee want her dead? No. But are we really to believe that he's surprised that a convicted rapist who didn't do his time then raped (and murdered) again? Oh please.

#17     Dec 4, 2007
  8. I don't know the extent of Huckabee's personal involvement. If it was fair game to tag Duckakis with Willy Horton, I don't see why it isn't fair to tag Huckabee with this guy though. Like Guiliani's long and close involvement with Bernie Kerik, it goes to judgment.

#18     Dec 4, 2007
  9. That's a fair comment. I'll answer it. Everyone knows the fair tax will never be enacted. Congress will not give up control over the tax system. So Huckabee gets to pretend to be for tax reform with no risk of actually having to do anything. Kind of like Guiliani and Thompson on immigration. It's an empty gesture. When he was in a position to do something, Huckabee supported higher taxes at the state level.

#19     Dec 4, 2007
  10. This is not entirely true, the fair tax proposal is extremely controversial and quite unpopular outside of a very small section of the republican party. If he ever gets nominated his support of the proposal may potentially cost him a significant number of democrat and independent votes (including mine).

#20     Dec 4, 2007