TAX help

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by bigbopper, Feb 24, 2007.

  1. bigbopper


    Because of things beyond my control I have to move back to Massachusetts. I lived there several years ago when I first started trading and for short term capital gains Massachusetts slaps you with a 12% tax.

    My question is if I have to remain in Massachusetts is there any way I can avoid this 12% tax by setting up some kind of trading entity?

    I've looked at a couple things but then I'd be SE taxes. Is there a way to avoid both of these legally?

    Thanks for any help