Tax Help Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Kosiosko, May 15, 2002.

1. Kosiosko

Kosiosko

I use Tradestation 6 for execution of strategies and trades. Here is the situation:

1. I can copy and paste transactions from the account manager within Tradestation to Excel.
    2. There is no direct electronic transfer of data from Tradestation into (for example) TurboTax.
    3. There is not direct electronic transfer of data from XL into TurboTax
    4. Being a Swing/Day Trader on a portfolio of stocks, I trade the same securities multiple times in any given week.
    5. I am new to trading this year and missed the mark-to-market election deadline (should have started off with this).
    6. I am anticipating to have ~ 2000 transactions this year.

I am looking for a way (software, service) to be able to:
    1. automatically calculate for wash sales using the data that I have available (i.e. Excel Spreadsheet or conversion from XL into ??).
    2. A way to either generate the proper Schedule D or import the data directly into TurboTax (or other tax program)

As usual, any guidance and thoughts on this are greatly appreciated (including going down a completely different path).

Thanks in advance!

2. You might look into this. I don't personally use it ,so I can't give
    you any first hand knowledge. They have a product called "GTT Tradelog Software" www.greencompany.com/buyonlineall.htm