Tax havens

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by kaciara, Sep 21, 2009.

1. kaciara

kaciara

Watch any film with a moustache twirling bad guy and he'll always be transferring money to his Caiman Island or Swiss bank account. Unfortunately, this activity isn't restricted to the movies.

Every year, hundreds of billions of dollars are illegally transferred out of developing countries devastating the region's resources, maintaining poverty and robbing the people of the right to invest in general goods and services. More often than not, it is large, powerful corporations doing this in order to escape tax authorities and regulators. [more..]

http://www.fsteurope.com/news/tax-havens/

[​IMG]

2. Lethn

Lethn

I can understand why the government and media are fumbling over this stuff and are really annoyed about it but honestly. Why is it a 'morally' bad thing? We all know that our governments are corrupt as hell so frankly I don't blame the people trying to dodge taxes especially since most of it is going to fund a war I think even corporations are having doubts about now.

3. moarla

moarla

long lives the tax heavens!

USA is still the biggest tax heaven of the world (for foreigners)
    so look first at your places, then go out and teach the world!

4. Right on !

5. Highterm

Highterm

How so, could you explain?

6. moarla

moarla

well search for it in google you fing tons of infos

7. AK100

AK100

What is morally corrupt is a government that wastes so much of the tax take.

8. what is the best place to live for a young westerner between this 70 places ?

best means : not extrem weather conditions / relatively safe / internet connection / good looking and cooperative women / not overly expensive / easy to move in ( visa etc... ) ?

thanks a lot !

9. Highterm

Highterm

You wrote that the US is a tax haven for foreigners- what do you mean, could you explain how it is a tax haven for foreigners?

10. djmanu

djmanu

Singapore !

#10     Sep 22, 2009