Tax free havens

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by info2002kr, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Has anyone opened an account with a firm called 'belizetaxfreehaven' at the following address http://belizetaxhaven.com/

I'm consider opening an account using a IBC so that I can then open a trading account. Personally I don't mind paying some taxes but the less the better. I'm sick of sweating it out and getting less to take home to my family!

Anyways, if someone has any experinces with tax free havens, please reply.

Regards,

Nat

2. blast19

blast19

Yes, I did. Then the feds showed up and pillaged my mansion. Burned that thing to the ground. Now I'm penniless and the vast riches I once had are now, sadly, nothing but a pile of ashes. :(

3. You were lucky they didn't take your computer. I think you are pulling my leg.

4. Just a forewarning, the Patriot Act and other post-9/11 banking legislation along with a plethora of tax haven legislation and crackdowns have basically closed the door for the vast majority of tax haven off-shoring while maintaining local citizenship (let's not even bother discussing the legalities).

There are still certain benefits to be had in certain specific situations (large estates, hedge funds, etc), but the legal legwork required is very expensive, and the process is long and arduous. A website that a child could whip up on Geocities in 3 minutes like the one you posted, certainly is NOT some kind of cheap shortcut. More likely an invitation for fraud to the unsuspecting.

5. maxpi

maxpi

http://www.usatoday.com/money/companies/regulation/2007-02-23-tax-havens-usat_x.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_haven

There are places that you can go, nobody cares much where you are from, nobody hassles you about papers, and they are some really nice places to live. I plan to see quite a few of them, good reason to travel if nothing else.

You can simply legally incorporate in the US, pay yourself a nice salary, and put your house, cars, trading account under the corporation I suppose, and lower your overall tax rate. If you are trading and donating to charities you can form a second, non profit corp and pay no taxes on it at all, no?

6. I'd love to be your future attorney. :p

7. LOL..............yeah. If you decide to set up a "tax haven " be very careful. Or like Trader KGB said, you will need a very good lawyer to keep from going to jail.

Best wishes...............................

8. quote from the site:

financially stable and trustworthy environment. ------

I have been to Belize 3 times and there is nothing stable and trustworthy there. Do not even contemplate doing business there.

9. Maxpi, where would a person look to incorporate?

Nat

You can simply legally incorporate in the US, pay yourself a nice salary, and put your house, cars, trading account under the corporation I suppose, and lower your overall tax rate. If you are trading and donating to charities you can form a second, non profit corp and pay no taxes on it at all, no?