Tax free futures trading in the Netherlands?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by mhoev, Jun 13, 2002.

1. cvds16

cvds16

to ditch: you're the one trying to be offensive, so don(t blame me if you get some response back, no wonder Belgians say about dutch people they are all mouth and no substance; FYI: a local has no clients and just trades for his own account. I personally know several big derivatives traders in Amsterdam: they all pay taxes, on or off the floor.

as danielc1 points out this is not a black and white situation, 10 years ago I went to managment of Belfox (Belgian futures and option exch.) to talk about this subject I they didn't even know how things were exactly for private investors. With what I know things are like he explains them now in Belgium. thanks for the link danielc1.

#51     Sep 1, 2002
  2. Ditch

Ditch

#52     Sep 1, 2002
  3. otioso

otioso

Ditch, what's the tax year in the NL? Is it the calendar year? Thanks.

#53     Sep 1, 2002
  4. Ditch

Ditch

If you run a business, you can choose it yourself, otherwise it's the calendar year.

regards,

ditch

#54     Sep 1, 2002
  5. US citizens. You still have to pay income tax no matter where you reside. There is a break of 0 tax on the first $80-125K earned while living in another country. Not sure on cap gains, but I would think that is not going to be reduced for your US tax return.

The only way out of this permanently is to renounce your US citizenship and become a citizen of another country, like Monaco for instance.

#55     Sep 1, 2002