Tax free futures trading in the Netherlands?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by mhoev, Jun 13, 2002.

1. cvds16

cvds16

no, I don't thinks so: there is a difference between investing and trading futures, the last one will be seen as a business-like activity, so you will still have to pay taxes.

#41     Sep 1, 2002
  2. Ditch

Ditch

Some people like to read what they think.

#42     Sep 1, 2002
  3. So, what abt the 25% netherlands withholding tax on my RD dividends? Can i get this back? If so, how?

#43     Sep 1, 2002
  4. Ditch

Ditch

I live in the Netherlands, trade futures and have a written confirmation by the tax authoraties that profits from futures trading will not be regarded as profits from business activities. So what the f*ck do you think you're talking about?

Ditch

#44     Sep 1, 2002
  5. cvds16

cvds16

well i once was a futures local on the floor (in Holland !!!) and i did have to pay taxes so I know at least something. I doubt that you know what you are talking about !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why would anybody would want to be a local anymore ???

#45     Sep 1, 2002
  6. Ditch

Ditch

You obviously don't know shit about tax law in Holland. If you're a broker on the floor, you're running a business. That's why you're taxed. When you're trading futures from home, you don't offer a product or service to the public, which is one of the criteria, that has to be met, to be taxable for income tax.

Goodbye

Ditch

#46     Sep 1, 2002
  7. cvds16

cvds16

you obviously don't know that a local is not a broker

#47     Sep 1, 2002
  8. danielc1

danielc1

I'am a full time trader in Belgium. I have had many advisors of how I must structure my self for taxes.

The Belgium law is contradictus. If you make your capital gains in a stockmarket in your name, you must pay 30% tax on it. If you however incorparate(B.V.B.A or N.V.) your trading activities, you must pay no taxes on your capitalgains from the stockmarket. Optiontrading and Futures trading is always taxable in either form. If you want good advice about how to pay less in taxes in the US check this link www.sageint.com. They can help you.

#48     Sep 1, 2002
  9. Ditch

Ditch

This thread is about tax in Holland, dude. If you've got some kind of problem with me, you can PM me.

#49     Sep 1, 2002
  10. danielc1

danielc1

#50     Sep 1, 2002