Tax Evasion and Money Laundering

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by OTCkrak, Jun 20, 2007.

1. That might be true if you can prove to the Tax authorities that you are paying taxes from another source of income. If you are resident in the NL, legally that is, you will have to submit a Tax return and pay social welfare payments out of income derived from any where in the world created whilst resident in NL. Capital Gains are taxed at 25%. Believe me, I am married to a Dutch woman and I have looked into moving to the Netherlands and the tax implications.

http://www.expatax.nl/incometaxexpatax.htm#V

#21     Jun 23, 2007
  2. Good one!!!

#22     Jun 23, 2007
  3. djxput

djxput

LoL that made me laugh

#23     Jun 23, 2007
  4. BJL

BJL

Incorrect. I should know. I am Dutch and have been a full time trader for the last 5 years.

Capital gains are not taxed.
    See: http://www.expatax.nl/incometaxexpatax.htm#Box 3

#24     Jun 23, 2007
  5. Do retail forex firms report to the IRS?

#25     Jun 23, 2007
  6. Tax Evasion and Money Laundering?Tax evasion and money laundering are illegal. Tax avoidance is legal.

#26     Jun 23, 2007
  7. Where is the fine or not so fine line between Tax Evasion and Tax Avoidance...

:confused:

#27     Jun 23, 2007
  8. there is no fine line between the two. If you owe taxes and try to hide it, it is tax evasion.

tax avoidance means you never owed the tax in the first place hence it is legal.

#28     Jun 23, 2007
  9. I couldn't disagree more. Let me give you are real example. When I sold telecom equip I met with executives, etc. One of them, had a company, that specialized in finding refunds for companies based on R&D costs. His partners were all former big 5 accountings guys. They would approach companies and say if I can get you this you owe my 50% of said refund.. The IRS challenged one of their customer and them in tax court and the IRS lost. :D There is so much grey in the tax code it's ridiculous.

#29     Jun 23, 2007
  10. gov

gov

You obviously don't know my uncle. Strange guy, that one. They might have caught him once humping a cow, but I don't think he's ever farmed them...

The irs wasn't amused. Better to keep them happy. :)

#30     Jun 23, 2007