Tax Evaders

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by JWKirkland, Sep 6, 2002.

1. What are the ramifications of avoiding state income taxes, like, hypothetically, Arizona?

Can you lose your license to trade?

Is it a crime???

2. Oh, one thing. I live in Nevada (resident, homeowner, etc) and do not pay state income taxes. I have a friend that SAYS (non-resident, non-homeowner) he lives in Nevada and evades state income taxes.

I think he is endangering himself to avoid a pitiful 6k to 10k a year.

Just want you to know I pay my taxes.....usually!...Just
    Kidding! :D :D

3. Arizona Revised Statutes

42-1127. Criminal violations; classifications; place of trial; definition

(excerpt)

B. It is a class 5 felony to:

1. Knowingly fail to pay any tax administered pursuant to this article due or believed due by the taxpayer with intent to evade the tax.

2. Knowingly prepare, present or aid, procure or advise in preparing or presenting any return, affidavit, claim or other document which is fraudulent or is false as to any material matter, whether or not the falsity or fraud is with the knowledge or consent of the taxpayer authorized or required to present the return, affidavit, claim or document.

3. Simulate or falsely or fraudulently execute or sign any license or other required document, or cause the license or document to be falsely or fraudulently executed or advise or aid in such execution, with the intent to conceal or cover up a material fact relating to a tax administered pursuant to this article.

4. Knowingly fail to file a return or supply required information, or falsify or conceal a material fact, document or record, make a false, fictitious or fraudulent statement or representation or make or use a false writing or document knowing it to contain a false, fictitious or fraudulent statement or entry, with intent that the department rely on the false, fictitious or fraudulent statement or entry in determining tax liability under this article.

--------

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ars/ars.htm

4. aren't you only responsible for paying the taxes to the state you earned the wages in? so if you work as a teacher, for example, in nevada but live in AZ, you only owe nevada. but if nevada doesn't have an income tax, you don't owe shit.

at least that's how i've always done it...

5. regough

regough

I don't know how it works in NV vs AZ but when lived in NH(no state income tax) and worked in Boston, I definitely had to pay MA state income tax(big time)

:)

6. ElCubano

ElCubano

i have friends that do the same...they say its not illegal to not pay..it is only illegal to lie on ur return...i have no idea

7. i have no idea either...whatever they said

Mark
    :D :D

8. ElCubano

ElCubano

:D :D :D :D

9. yeah, that makes sense. i'm pretty sure you only have to pay taxes to the state in which you earned the money.

10. u130747

u130747

I live in Texas but work in California. I pay no California state income taxes. It depends on where you live.

Bert:D

#10     Sep 6, 2002