Tax Day Fact Check: Most Americans Got A Tax Cut This Year

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Apr 15, 2010.

1. wjk

wjk

Would those be the same financial minds that got us into the unprecedented problems to begin with?

#41     Apr 15, 2010
  2. wjk

wjk

I don't have a problem with paying my fair share. I have problems with:

1. Raising taxes to pay for future benefits but using them for other purposes.

2. Fraud

3. Waste

#42     Apr 15, 2010
  3. church giving is not charity. its a scam. 90% goes for salaries and upkeep on fancy buildings. what little that actually goes for charity work usually goes for preaching.

Have you ever paid a property tax bill? yes i live in a no income tax state. since we have no income tax we have some of the highest property taxes in the nation. they get the money they need one way or another.

#43     Apr 15, 2010
  4. :D :D :D :eek:

#44     Apr 15, 2010
  5. Wallet

Wallet

I agree there's a large group that paid less taxes last year, the unemployed often do.

Wait till we get to the "added value" or wholesale tax, taxing everything at every stage of production and distribution, that should do well for inflation, of course we aren't raising your taxes....

cough, cough.

#45     Apr 15, 2010
  6. jem

jem

since you like taxes so much maybe you should stop pulling a Bono and move to a liberal state and pay your fair share of taxes.

Just kidding. I congratulate you on living in a conservative or at least republican state with no income tax.

#46     Apr 15, 2010
  7. Hello

Hello

And where exactly do you think all the money which goes to the government goes? Yet you support the Obama.

I challenge you to find me any statistic anywhere which says that the average payroll for a church employee is even half the 70k/yr average of a government employee. Im not even religous but you would have to be insane to think the church disperses money to poor people less efficiently than the government.

Not to mention that people are not forced to donate to the church like the government.

#47     Apr 15, 2010