Tax cuts have not created a single job

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dddooo, Jan 31, 2006.

1. When they can pay $1hr for labor and $3-5hr for engineers/scientists it does not matter what taxes they pay. Taxes in India are not lower than in this country, government bureaucracy, corruption and involvement in the economy is way worse than it is in the western world, yet american companies are leaving. Stop fooling yourself, it's all about labor arbitrage and slave wages, it has nothing to do with taxes (or education for that matter).

#21     Feb 1, 2006
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Tax cuts have never been given their full chance--liberals have always been able to dupe the American public before their full effect has been realized. This is not gong to happen this time. The American public is slowly wising up. liberals (democrats) will need to change their message or be doomed to an also ran party for decades to come. Now is the conservatives time to shine and shine we will--last communique in this thread for me. I have said my peace--however liberals please continue to speak as it will remind everyone how bankrupt your policies and theories are.

#22     Feb 1, 2006
  3. If this has nothing to do with taxes then WHY did you title this thread, "Tax cuts have not created a single job"?

This implies that tax cuts are at fault and NOW you are claiming that globalization is at fault for the lack of jobs created wihtin the US.

I agree with your view of the bleak job creation numbers in the US are most likely because more jobs are being created internationally than domestically. But the Tax cuts are not the villian here.

The power of the free market is beginning to overtake the power of politicians worldwide as they must now compete for labor, capital, etc. This is a good thing long-term but it will cause a lot of pain short-term as politicians fight to retain their power.

in the 20th Century the US was THE place to go if you were entreprenurial. Now as more countries embrace capitalism entrepreneurs & businesses will seek out the most economically advantageous places to do businesss.

Praise Be to Tax Competition!

LOWER taxes are ALWAYS a GOOD thing

#23     Feb 1, 2006
  4. I'm an independent btw. Right down the middle.

The democrats are pretty pitiful, but unfortunately the republicans, in my view, represent snake oil eminence.

#24     Feb 1, 2006
  5. Thanks for the link, it's interesting. But that link focuses on the error in estimating individual NUMBERS, which seems to be around 1%.

When you use a lot of numbers to create a REPORT, those 1% errors would most likely end up skewing your reports results a great deal.

#25     Feb 1, 2006
  6. Its called outsourcing and globalization mojohn.

#26     Feb 1, 2006
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

ok--last communique for certain--but I must respond since he claims not be a liberal=-

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN INDEPENDENT.

and if there were, I would not trust that person even to go to the grocery store--Best regards

#27     Feb 1, 2006
  8. Guess what... The 'bureaucracy' as you envision it (civilian) only constitutes about 13% of the budget. Most of it is 'entitlements' and defense.

bt

#28     Feb 1, 2006
  9. Welcome to ET BuySell.

We're always glad to see consideration and balance amongst our new contributors .

kt

#29     Feb 1, 2006
  10. #30     Feb 1, 2006