Tax Cheats out of control

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by smilingsynic, Aug 1, 2006.

1. The simplest thing to do would be to get rid of income tax.

You could replace it with a consumption tax and carbon tax. The consumption tax wouldn't apply to food and the first $500 a month spent for shelter to limit the impact on the poor. The consumption tax would encourage investment and discourage excessive imports.

Since most energy is imported, a carbon tax would also limit the money leaving the country. It would also have the added benefit of helping the environment to recover from the impending disaster of global warming. Most people are too short sighted to see the advantage, they'll just cry about the $5 a gallon gasoline. However, with global warming when you have a couple more Katrinas or when you finally run out of oil, $5 a gallon gasoline will happen anyway.

#31     Aug 3, 2006
  2. hans37

hans37

sorry about that just trying to establish if people clearly divorced from reality actually make money.

I think sporos being way out there in ideology confirms it possible.

#32     Aug 3, 2006
  3. I like were this is going.....:cool:

#33     Aug 3, 2006
  4. I was being conservative with the 50% number.

Cash said:"Well, look at at...
    top tax bracket 35% (I think)
    let's say joe is in Calif (10%) I think
    and of course SS tax 7%-14% depending on if he's self employed
    And then there's property tax
    And then of course sales tax"

Im in cali, in the high bracket. So fed + state alone is 45%.
    Now add all the other taxes on top, and I bet im over 60% taxed.

Im stunned people dont realize just how much the government really takes from them in the end.

+ cap gains tax + Soc Sec + sales tax + gas tax + utility taxes + property taxes + auto taxes + + + + and finally death taxes. The list goes on forever.

Wake up people.

#34     Aug 3, 2006
  5. I am wondering myself when people will lose their complacent attitudes about taxation? This is more art than science I suppose. The govt must have think tanks of psychologists that sit around and ponder "how much can we take before they start getting uptight and really notice". Maybe not think tanks...but I fear i`m closer to the truth than I want to be...

[​IMG]

#35     Aug 3, 2006
  6. zdreg

zdreg

yes, israel has finally figured it out think tanks not think airplane bombers:)

#36     Aug 3, 2006
  7. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

#37     Aug 3, 2006
  8. Oh please go on, you pay nowhere near 60% in total taxes. Why do you think you get a fat refund every year. Last year my net tax was 29%, not including sales tax.

#38     Aug 3, 2006
  9. You obviously make under 40K a year. :D

You havent a clue what you are talking about.
    Refund? Are you kidding me. You arent making enough.

#39     Aug 3, 2006
  10. Why do I even try with you clowns, sure the upper bracket is 39% but that dosen't kick in until I believe $288,000 so just like you everything up to that point is taxed at a lower rate. I pay no state taxes and after deductions for mortgage interest, home office expenses my net is 29%. I will be happy to compare my income to yours.

#40     Aug 3, 2006