TATA MOTORS - Sparks a Revolution

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Sikhinvestor, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Good luck with that...have you even seen their $2500 car? Noone in america will be caught dead driving that. Besides the japanese are already kicking american automakers asses, if tata needs to compete it's with the japanese not american automakers.

If ford does sell jagaur, it will be a very smart move. That brand lost all credibility when they painted a ford tarus(i think, dont remember which ford model exactly) and put a jagaur logo on it. Jagaur is a dead brand in the US.

#31     Jan 14, 2008
  2. toc

toc

'Jagaur is a dead brand in the US.'

it is a slick car, very classy but do not see lots of them in NA....wonder why?

Jags are better than Lexus or Audi's in looks atleast.

#32     Jan 14, 2008
  3. moo

moo

This attitude is exactly what the coming recession will change. Instead of driving Hummers and spending like there is no tomorrow, it will become fashionable to drive a Tata and save money.

And this attitude change is absolutely necessary and long overdue.

#33     Jan 15, 2008
  4. If nothing else Tata will put pressure on US and Foreign automakers to streamline and become more efficient. Tata, Hummer are extremes IMO. See the ad for Kia Spectra, its the Toyota Corolla of 15 years ago, reasonable price and great warranty with good QC.

#34     Jan 15, 2008
  5. My ass. India is an artificial political entity that has numerous problems. geographically it is farked. within 50 years, it will split up along ethnic lines and cease to exist.

#35     Jan 15, 2008
  6. toc

toc

'If nothing else Tata will put pressure on US and Foreign automakers to streamline and become more efficient.'

Being fair to all, I would be very sckeptical of the Indian Auto products regarding quality and high wear tear performance. Even American cars are not upto standards set by the Japanese.

#36     Jan 15, 2008
  7. With all due respect, have you read any of the reports or surveys lately? GM was ranked #2 behind Toyota. Nissan was 4 I believe. The US mfg is now closest to Japanese mfg quality than ever before. I saw this from the point of view from one that ones 2 Toyotas. With the exception of the Lexus, the Toyotas I own and others sold in America are mfg. in America.

Even Toyota has had some real build problems. The head of Toyota admitted they were slipping and promised to correct the problems, they grew too fast in the last few years.

I firmly believe Hyundai and Kia, same company, will put real pressure on Toyota as Toyota is a good car, but the build quality has slipped over the last 10 years while they continue to charge a premium for their mostly past reputation. H and K offer a 100k warranty for less money than T with good lines.

But I agree in principal on Tata you get what you pay for.

#37     Jan 15, 2008
  8. toc

toc

'But I agree in principal on Tata you get what you pay for'

my views were based on reading the inputs of owners of other TATA cars and SUVs. They like the design and goodies that came along but operating performance had flaws showing up early like after 16K miles.

India has the technology but if it is world class is a big question.
    On the other hand, Indian trucks and cars have been sold to Africa and Asia since 70s and no big talk on bad performance etc. Guess driving conditions in India are more rugged than in other Asian/African countries.

There is an SUV from Mahindra called Scorpio which is being sold in EU for a while and now they have started Africa sales also.

#38     Jan 15, 2008
  9. Retired

Retired

#39     Jan 15, 2008
  10. toc

toc

'You want to be cheap? Then get this car. It's only $299!'

that car is not cheap for $299 for what it offers. be mature dude! you are retired after all.
    :D

#40     Jan 15, 2008