Tastyworks capped commission

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by horizon, Apr 5, 2020.

1. horizon

horizon

So Tasyworks said on their site that they offer capped commission, for example, $10 for 20 calls or puts. How about if I open 500 calls or 500 puts, will the commission be $10 as well?
    The reason I am confused because on their site they did an Apples to Apples comparison and it shows a different commission for 500 contracts.

Any trader has an account with them, would you please confirm if the $10 capped commission works for large order like 1 leg 500 contracts as well?

Also, how is the leverage you are allowed on Tastyworks if you have $100,000 margin account with them? For example, I sell put SPY and TD Ameritrade only ask for a collateral 10% of the full price of the 100 underlying stocks (say $2,000 collateral for sell put strike $200). Does Tastyworks give you a leverage that you just need to collateral 10% or 20% of the underlying stocks as well?

D83C0C3C-FFF7-497F-ACA6-E2F5FCC6CCAC.png F489AFF7-45B3-4DD2-9E6E-ABEB502C751E.png

.sigma likes this.
  2. qwerty11

qwerty11

its very simple if you did 1 click extra....

the $110 is $10 commission + $100 "clearing fee" ($0.10 per option)

horizon likes this.
  3. Their comparison is bogus. TDA is comm-free, as is Schwab, I believe. Only reg-fees.

4. horizon

horizon

Thanks so much. I was so dumbed. :p

5. horizon

horizon

I am with Td and pay $0.5 per option.

6. zdreg

zdreg

Enjoy your Apples while they last. Schwab is merging with Ameritrade. However this bonanza depending on Ameritrade management may last for years as the merger will take year to fully complete.

7. Right, genius. Schwab is going to unring that bell.

zdreg likes this.
  8. Weird. I only pay regulatory fees.

9. FSU

FSU

Td Charges .65 per option, can be negotiated down a bit with some volume.

10. wmwmw

wmwmw

#10     Apr 5, 2020