TastyTrade Method

Discussion in 'Options' started by Chris Paciello, Nov 25, 2016.

1. I am looking to learn how the TastyTrade method. Utilizing their different strategies and methods.

Does anyone here have a good understanding of their method, what they use and how they utilize it properly?

I seen there was a book out called "Learn how to trade like Tom and Tony" but it's outdated to what they do now.

I'm really interested in learning and would appreciate any help.

Thank you

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

You might want to do a search here first about TT. Generally we have been critical of them. First, they don't have just 1 strategy, but different people of TT use different strategies. Second, most of them don't have a track record specially not a profitable one, so there is really no reason to try to imitate them.

You can learn the technical aspects of options from them, but you have to make your own strategy I am afraid...

3. CBC

CBC

You're welcome to hang around ere, however I read ur thread and wonder why your not posting this over at tasty trade.

GL with it BTW.

4. Does TastyTrade have their own message board?

5. I understand that you have to utilize your own strategy but they utilize certain guidelines with IV Rank, Delta, Theta, IV%

I think they have a lot of historical data that proves what they do works.

6. Tastytrade is a scam, they show a lot of small winners only to have a loser eat all of their past profits.

WeToddDid2 likes this.
  7. algofy

algofy

Yuuuuup

8. ironchef

ironchef

Let me give you the experience of one trader, namely me. Though I am not good enough to coach others, at least I can share my failures:

1. There are no get rich quick schemes in trading options, not the methods proposed in books or by tastytrade. I tried a lot of them with real money and the outcome were generally disappointing, especially blindly, mechanically selling (or buying) options for profits. You really do need to develop your own methodology.

2. The other popular concept is selling volatility (risk premium) to generate outsize profit. But, the fact that PUT and BXM indices are not generating outsize returns compared to SPX let me to suspect the risk premium may be overstated (or the results diluted in some way) in practice for the general public like us.

3. IMHO, to be profitable, an understanding of the direction of the underlying is needed for a beginner like me. When you achieve a deep understanding of options and options pricing, perhaps then you can make money without a directional bet.

Finally, option is all about probability and statistics so a basic understanding of both is helpful.

Cheers.

zion and CBC like this.
  9. Telepuzik

Telepuzik

I mean - really?!

10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Except there is no profitable track record for any of the TT members. You would think they could show it on a small account how it works, not just talking about it theoretically...

Their mantra of "trade small, trade often" is only good for generating commissions for TOS...

#10     Nov 26, 2016