Tasty Works, $10 flat fee for option traders

Discussion in 'Options' started by Sophie, Jan 12, 2018.

1. magicz

magicz

you mean ice figure skating fund?

#11     Jan 12, 2018
  2. spindr0

spindr0

So you've been to my web site, eh?

#12     Jan 12, 2018
  3. magicz

magicz

i didn't know you had a site? but I dont want to go and be kerriganed.....:D

#13     Jan 12, 2018
  4. ET180

ET180

I like TastyTrade...I think it's a good place to start. But where they get you is $5 for opening stock trades and stock assignment. Also, their margin rates are way higher than IB's and it doesn't look like they pay interest for cash balances and it appears that they don't have portfolio margin. I have not found another broker with API support as good as IB. If it was not for the stock fees, I'd seriously consider switching. I hope they are successful. We need more competition in the broker space.

"...expected move for an underlying before a binary event..."

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but how hard is it to look at the option chain and add 2 numbers together in your head? Expected move not hard to calculate.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    #14     Jan 12, 2018
    trader42 likes this.
  5. I’ve been with tastyworks since last February. I am pleased, though I do like their online platform better than the downloaded version.

#15     Jan 12, 2018
  6. magicz

magicz

here’s the catch you’re paying the $10 ticket commission + reg fees + .15 per contract fees. And the per contract fee is for both opening and closing trades...so you’re not saving much.

#16     Jan 13, 2018
  7. Sophie

Sophie

where did you see the margin rates are way higher than IB's? calculating expected move, can be calculated by taking 85% of the front month ATM straddle / to take the ATM straddle + 1st OTM strangle then / 2. but why do we have to go through the time consuming calculations esp when you want to make trades quickly. Just like the greeks, why bother having them when you can calculate them? unnecessarily time consuming.

#17     Jan 15, 2018
    iprome likes this.
  8. While they also don't pay interest on cash balances, Tradier's REST API looks good. They also have a cobranded $40/month unlimited options trading offering at http://try.tradier.com/steady-o-013/

#18     Jan 16, 2018
  9. ET180

ET180

Margin Rates:

https://www.tastyworks.com/commissions-and-fees.html

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=1595

The expected move is a guess, not a guarantee. Calculating it exactly out to 3 decimal places won't make me a better trader. If it did, then computer science professionals would make the best traders. I pay more attention to price action and chart patterns when placing my trades. The only greek that I watch is delta. However, if you have a system that works for you, stick with it.

#19     Jan 16, 2018
  10. sle

sle

BTW, last I checked Tasty Trade system, their delta was wrong for high dividend names.

#20     Jan 17, 2018