Tasr

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by pumpanddumper, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Big chink in the TASR story came to light today.

TASR -63c in pre market trading
    8:50:24 Comment (TASR) TASER: Bloomberg.com is reporting Taser International talks tough when the subject turns to people who've sued the company for injuries or deaths allegedly inflicted by electric shocks from its weapons. "The word has gotten out: Taser doesn't settle,'' Taser General Counsel Doug Klint said in an April interview. "Anyone who sues us is in for a fight.'' Not necessarily. The Scottsdale, Arizona-based company has settled at least 10, or about 19%, of the 52 product- liability cases it claims to have won through a court dismissal or judgment in its favor. Bloomberg was able to identify seven settlements through court records and interviews with plaintiffs' attorneys. Klint, under questioning, conceded three more. When asked July 30 if the number could be higher than 10, Klint said, "it could be,'' then added "10 is a good number.'' Klint said he wouldn't comment on individual cases. Lawyers for alleged Taser victims say the company overstates its legal scorecard to discourage lawsuits and boost its stock price.

>>> Can you say Bloom Is Off The Rose?
    Can't wait for chicks to start randomly zapping
    guys who throw out bad pick up lines with their pretty little Tasers... Still can't believe that made it through the regulatory process... I've been a bad sport about this stock because I pulled a big order last second because I just didn't' trust the management that order was at $9. Watching it soar has been akin to being taken down by the product... this small bit of news looms LARGE in the courtroom down the line...
    They have been brow beating lawyers into not opposing them because of their " perfect " record in the courtroom... now we dig through all the documents and find out exactly why the one's who died succumbed to the shock-after being zapped- what made their case different getting them settlements compared to the others?..... to be continued. ~ SI

#11     Aug 2, 2007