Tasr

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PeterKiefer, Apr 7, 2004.

1. TASR is the poster child for the new bubble. Even if all the policemen in the USA had one (1mn or so), the thing would not be worth 1/5th the current quote (bearing in mind that each of those tasers would have around a 20% net margin to it, and considering NO competition - which is unlikely).

#21     Apr 7, 2004
  2. Risk,

nope ...we clear SouthWest and we have no problem getting inventory to short...not bs at all. I've been short and long all last 2 weeks.

rttrader1 -

#22     Apr 7, 2004
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Guys, have you thought about TASR getting a long term billion dollar contract from the US military? Just rumors floating around. Be careful with this.

#23     Apr 7, 2004
  4. i've got covereage thru southwest also...

#24     Apr 7, 2004
  5. wow, good on ya. thank your lucky stars they do, and trade the reversal:

Buy May 90C at the market
    Sell May 90P at the market

Sell TASR at the market ... guaranteed $1.30 in edge(minus carry). Fairly easy to add anothe quarter in edge on that trade.

A sweet 100basis in lock on the trade, only risk is getting pinned to the 90 handle, but certainyl worth an entire dollar in edge.

The carry is less in the APR series, but I haven't looked at the arbitrage. Crazy not to do the aforementioned reversal.

riskarb

#25     Apr 7, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yup that reversal is free money. Better do it in size before someone figures it out.

#26     Apr 7, 2004
  7. Maverick, the rumor is laughable.

#27     Apr 7, 2004
  8. Can you short thru ABN? I can't...

riskarb

#28     Apr 7, 2004
  9. Mav, right now TASR only makes a product that has a "reach" of 21 feet max, and is not wireless.

Thus, I can't see how the military would be interested in something of such small "reach". Perhaps later on, as mentioned by the CEO this morning on CNBC, TASR will be coming out with a "wireless" model.

As for finding shares to short, Assent seems to have a couple of thousand here and there on a daily basis.

#29     Apr 7, 2004
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

I have been too afraid to try. LOL. Actually, ABN Amro sold my clearing firm SAGE to Merril.

#30     Apr 7, 2004