Tasr

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PeterKiefer, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Aaron

Aaron

Lack of shares available to borrow is an important reason TASR has gone up so much. If everyone who's bullish gets to trade and everyone who's bearish is barred from trading, guess which way it goes? :)

#101     Apr 16, 2004
  2. kezzel

kezzel

But what does it mean ....

The following stocks are restricted under the US
    Uniform Practices Code rule 11830 and can not be
    SOLD SHORT using the IB system. ....

What, if i want to short this fucking bubble TASR??

I am a foreigner, and i know that i cannot short shares below 1 $. But what is with bullbe TASR? Maybe just at IB you cannot short TASR, but with any other broker.

#102     Apr 16, 2004
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Kezzel, there is only 9 million shares in the float. Bubble or no bubble there are much better stocks to short. And btw, there are very few shares out there available to short. Most brokers don't have any. You can always buy puts. Much safer as well.

#103     Apr 16, 2004
  4. Mecro

Mecro

I disagree,

I think if they allow more shorts, this stock will rocket up even more. I know there are a lot of shorts trying to sit this out as traders are dying to short this as much as possible. TASR is itching for short squeezes.
    Just look at the ET posts.

#104     Apr 16, 2004
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

I agree. Once all the shorts stop trying to short this, it will fall like a rock. Kind of a catch 22 for those that really want to short this stock. LOL.

#105     Apr 16, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Not bad, I was only off by .50. Who's the man El eh?

#106     Apr 16, 2004
  7. Puts are definently about the only possible way to play the short side. Personally I would hold off until the split though to buy some. Wait and see if it continues to run post split but be ready to pull the trigger fast because when this bubble pops it will be a loud bang.

#107     Apr 16, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

EL, it's 13.55 in AH, I think I nailed this baby right on the head. What happened to your 108 to 110? LOL.

#108     Apr 16, 2004
  9. Interesting how just when those airball small caps came crashing down, this thing came back to life.

My theory is, the mob that's running these games cashed in and went back to the big daddy TASR for another go. At 100+ it needed all the buying power they could muster.

#109     Apr 17, 2004
  10. jonnynav

jonnynav

Taser is a very special security with a lot of attractive powers for any trader. With its powerful momentum we have made money on our call options, the volatility is high. I have had three good positions which I bought and sold for profit.

#110     Apr 17, 2004