Tasr

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PeterKiefer, Mar 30, 2004.

1. this thing looks really done on the daily. a blowoff top if there ever was one. how can i convince myself to take a bigger position. my solution is to add when i'm up a point in it? i can only stomach a thousand right now :(

#41     Mar 31, 2004
  2. VOLUME

VOLUME

TASR backs down sharply from highs of day, as talk is circulated that co may come to market with a secondary --Briefing

#42     Mar 31, 2004
  3. this sucks. i'm getting smoked.

#43     Mar 31, 2004
  4. From about $77.25 all the way up to $83.50 in fifty minutes!

:eek:

#44     Mar 31, 2004
  5. It's likely IMHO this was espoused by someone, or someones caught in a short. As I listened to the last conference call, & this ? was posed to the CEO, back then he replied no. Now they could have reconsidered, however with millions in the co. till, & generating even more each qtr., I seriously doubt it. Been wrong before, so we'll see how it plays out.

So was this just another quick cover op for the smart sellers, & another dip buying op for the momentum buyers? Looking like it from here thus far. Through the end of the week will tell for sure.

Good Trading to Ya!
    God Bless!
    Kelly

#45     Mar 31, 2004
  6. Htrader

Htrader Guest

Nice short-covering bounce. I bet this has squeezed out alot of shorts who wanted to lock in quick profits. Fact is this stock is broken..i'm putting on heavy positions here in the Apr 75 and 80 puts.

Target: < 75

#46     Mar 31, 2004
  7. newtoet

newtoet

This thread is funny. We should rename it, "Why I failed at trading".

Good luck, though.

#47     Mar 31, 2004
  8. i'm short 2k now at an average of 80.25. i think i'm going to be sick. above that recent high at 83.00 and i'll throw in the towel.

who failed at trading? it's just one trade donkey.

#48     Mar 31, 2004

9. Check the distance above the 200 here:

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=TASR,uu[h,a]daclyiay[pb50!b200!f][vc60][iUl14!La12,26,9]&pref=G

230% above it, it's done this before then pulled back, I think it was 245% or so then. Still a MONSTER stock, & trading the entire float twice, & working on the low end of 3. The 10min chart looks like the beginning of one awesome roller coaster. Wish you the best on that short!

L8R Kelly

My apologies the link won't complete, I've tried to do it 3 times.

#49     Mar 31, 2004
  10. It is great if you are on the right side and if you maintain your stop loss disicpline. I made money the past 2 days but caught heavy on the long side earlier today. The train ran over me before I could get out of the way. Sold at a big loss but got back in and made back a little on the dead cat bounce.

Long term a June or September straddle could be worth some good profits. Got a quick double on some April 80 calls I had bought. I think options are the way to go with this one. Big premiums but you can remove so much of the risk, both long or short. Who knows when the party will end. People will make and lose a boatload with this baby.

You need big huevos to trade this one.

#50     Mar 31, 2004