TASR - when does SEC take action?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by heilbronner, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Premiums in puts on TASR will explode today.
    Nice if you are long some puts.

#21     Apr 20, 2004
  2. Actually, the implied vol levels of all the TASR options, which were bid up to noseblead levels in front of earnings, will begin to implode today. Thus, if long puts, you'd have to hope for a very big move indeed to compensate for the decline in volty. It's why some of us on the options forum established negative vega positions over the last few days in advance of the release.

#22     Apr 20, 2004
  3. Well, in most other stocks I would agree, but TASR is different. You can't short the stock so going long puts or creating other derivative combinations are the only way to play it from the short side. Therefore puts will be also in high demand for the next couple of days, IMHO. But anyway we will see.

#23     Apr 20, 2004
  4. Kaizen

Kaizen

you are clueless.

#24     Apr 20, 2004

5. You are right, man.

#25     Apr 20, 2004
  6. lojze

lojze

Can you help me with a name of a book, to quick learn options for such an occasion? Not for TASR, but other ideas?

Are in general puts available for a lot of such high flying stocks?

And, how can I see charts for such puts (on Qcharts)?

#26     Apr 20, 2004
  7. spieler

spieler

Of course you can short TASR i have 7000 available but i know penson does not allowed short on it ( penson clearing for TS and cyber...)
    look here :
    http://www.ccls.com/CCSShort.htm

CCS has tasr available for short

#27     Apr 20, 2004
  8. Charts of a given option contract aren't usually very useful and generally only present a reasonable chart if it's a heavily traded contract. If you look at a contract that only trades 1000 a day, the chart's going to look pretty sparse and useless. But if you're so inclined, enter the symbol in the format OPRA:xxxMS where xxx is the three character prefix for the options for the given underlying stock you're interested in, M is the expiration month code (also identifies whether its a put or a call), and S is the strike code - you can check the CBOE website for the details.

#28     Apr 20, 2004
  9. lojze

lojze

So, for TASR ist this options symbol? Thank you for help.

#29     Apr 20, 2004
  10. You can look the specifics up on the CBOE website.

Example: QUR is the option prefix for TASR options, May puts have a month code of Q, and the 100 strike has a code of T - so the TASR May 100 puts have a symbol of QURQT

#30     Apr 20, 2004