TASR stunned me

Discussion in 'Trading' started by AAAintheBeltway, Dec 10, 2003.

1. jnpr another short killer. +25% today.

#21     Jan 16, 2004
  2. The bad ending for an early short only becomes reality, by failing to adhere to the discipline of cutting your loss @ a predetermined risk point.

As far as the timing, that comes down to patience while stalking the trade, & even then it may take more than one attempt.

L8R Kelly

#22     Jan 16, 2004
  3. As it comes to this area, who now presumes the larger risk? Is it those who decide to buy, or those who decide to sell?

Two more questions. What is it called when you witness a move that increases an issues price 25-50% in a few days, on volume larger than any previously after a sustained uptrend such as seen in TASR?

When the majority of buy tickets have been written, what type is left to begin writing?

Experienced traders need not answer the 1st ?, the 2nd of course should be a no-brainer.

L8R Kelly

#23     Jan 16, 2004
  4. of course you are right but there are easier fish to catch imho.couldnt short it if i wanted too. ib doesnt have any.

#24     Jan 16, 2004
  5. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

TASR just is not within our model parameters - even with the recent near term behaviour. Some people specialize in just these types of issues and I am sure the experienced people participating in this issue have done very well.

#25     Jan 16, 2004
  6. In retrospect?

jk

#26     Jan 16, 2004
  7. In retrospect?

jk

PS It's easy to spot these early. Just make sure you don't spot 30 rats for every good one.

#27     Jan 16, 2004
  8. My dad bought a couple of tasers right after 9/11 just as a home security thing. He then bought 1,500 shares at around $5. He's debating a sale now. :)

#28     Jan 16, 2004
  9. Anyone remember PRST? VERT?

VERT: Take a look at a long term chart. Something like $2 to $1600 and back to $2 (it was under a dollar a year ago).

I remember trading it overnight and thinking I hit the lottery when I sold it up $12 five minutes after the open, only to see it close up $70 on the day.

PRST used to trade with a $10-$20 spread quite often. Made USRX look tame.

TASR is not close to being the first. It may, however, be closer to being one of the last. At least for a while IMO.

Peace,
    :)RS

#29     Jan 17, 2004
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

It doesnt take news to move anything.

#30     Jan 17, 2004