TASR options

Discussion in 'Options' started by indahook, Mar 29, 2004.

1. vega

vega

I haven't really done any research into the TASR options, but has anyone tried to get these things quoted tied to the stock delta neutral ? A lot of the business that gets done on the floor these days is done tied to stock/futures, enabling both sides to establish their hedge before trading the options. I'm willing to bet you can get a better market on the options going that route.....but you will have to use a living breathing broker for this.

Obviously if you're making a straight directional trade this doesn't help, for for trying to make a vol play this may makes things more feasible.

Vega:D

#21     Apr 5, 2004
  2. I agree with you that you would probably get a much better execution (i.e., trade between the spread) if you trade the option against stock.

Also noticed that the options now trade on the Philly and ISE, too making it 5 option exchanges.

#22     Apr 5, 2004
  3. Put premium didnt drop much and calls ran up good. Made an nice profit for a one week position. Could have stuck around longer but decided to take a profit. May re-enter if this thing shows any weakness.

Taking a look at throwing some risk capital at some April 100 calls.

#23     Apr 6, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

F*ck me, the May 90 straddle in TASR is trading at 23.30!!!! That is some huge freaking premium. That is sick. Somebody better start selling that. :D

#24     Apr 7, 2004
  5. Cutten

Cutten

Be my guest :D

#25     Apr 7, 2004
  6. ktm

ktm

...and I heard it's splitting again? jeeeezzz....

#26     Apr 7, 2004
  7. No way man, be my guest. Selling combos in that stock of for the suicidal. Now, if the May atm combo was trading $30...

riskarb

#27     Apr 7, 2004
  8. Screw it, close enough. I'm gonna sell the May $90 at 28 or better.

riskarb

#28     Apr 7, 2004
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'm not going to do it, I just can't believe the premium is that high. If the premiums got a little fatter I would be tempted to sell the straddle and short the underlying.

#29     Apr 7, 2004
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

:D

#30     Apr 7, 2004