TASR options

Discussion in 'Options' started by indahook, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Can someone tell me when these started trading? I thought I checked last week and the box was still black.

2. http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040319/nyf081_1.html

The Premiums are VERY RICH, even on the further out strikes. This one is still showing 40% + short interest, although down considerably from the peak around 58%!

Still too rich for my blood @ this point, as I'd been hoping for them months ago.

Take Care, Good Luck & God Bless You!
    Kelly

3. Thank you very much for the link. Agreed the premiums are rich. I certainly wont be throwing around my normal size with this one.

Good trading
    Chris

4. You can sell the TASR Apr 70/80 call backspread all day long at a $.50 credit(or better)

Buying 1 TASR APR 70C
    Selling 2 TASR APR 80C

No bear risk -- upside b/e is above $90.

riskarb

5. Thats the play if you have the balls. Yes, the b/e is away but the way TASR trades it could be at 90 bucks tomorrow morning.
    Personally I don't sell options on anything but the indices anyway.

6. The quote on the 80C was bad... it's actually trading $3.40. I'm not trading it.

riskarb

7. http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040329/sfm123_1.html

Here's more info. out today.

Riskarb,

Hi, I've followed some of your other threads, the one on EBAY, & your call on the S&P @ 1102. Congrats, nice to see someone elses diligence payoff. The ? I have is would you mind keeping an eye on these TASR options for a viable trade, that you would actually do? The reason I ask is I've just done directional trades with options, you know the simpleton stuff:cool:, buy a call or a put, sell a call, etc. I've got a few Option books also, however I really appreciate those that can do the more complicated strategies.

Just being able to follow along as you open one, or even just went through the process without doing so, & the reason for it. If not that's fine, I understand. TIA for the consideration!

Take Care, Trade Well, & God Bless You & Yours!
    L8R Kelly

8. Can someone explain to me why the Apr 80 C is at 87IV while the puts are at 99. I double checked prices, they are fresh. Double checked my 2 software systems that calc IV -seems to be ok. It does'nt pay dividends so why the discrepancy?

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

GA, most stocks have a put skew. Since this stock is very violent it's a little more pronounced. I see the put/call ratio is 2 to 1. If this stock rolls over and comes in, you wouldn't be selling those puts for the same premium as the calls. LOL.

10. Mav, put skew has nothing to do with it. It is the same strike! My only theory is that you can;'t do the conv/reversal bec you need to be long call,short put short stock and TASR is not available for shorting?

#10     Apr 1, 2004