TASR - back in the days

Discussion in 'Trading' started by heilbronner, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Over 52% short ratio says to me that there are some professional traders out there with real big positions on the short side in TASR. Probably those will get fired by the end of the day.

History always repeats itself. I've have seen such action in 1999.

#21     Jan 14, 2004
  2. chs245

chs245

Hi Heilbronner

would you mind to elaborate how you trade a classic '99 split ?
    I thought stocks that split do outperform during the time it splits (at least that's what the academic papers are saying) ?

Greetings,

Oliver

#22     Jan 14, 2004
  3. ...If we take that $1.23, Taser's currently valued at about 90 times 2004 estimates. I can't believe I'm writing this, but that's not crazy, especially if you believe Taser can achieve 50% growth for a few years. With Taser's growing monopoly in the law-enforcement market, and new inroads at the Pentagon, the company could easily exceed that pace.

AHHHHHHH! There is no learning curve and academics are totally wrong when they say there is a homo oeconomicus. Also efficient markets are a dream. And as long as there is a single ANALyst out there there will always exist damn wrong opinions.

#23     Jan 18, 2004

4. IMHO shorts are being "tasered" today. Unfortunately, I still can't short the TASR and there are no options out so far.

Can anyone short TASR at the moment?

#24     Jan 26, 2004
  5. SLK has em...but the neg rebate is crazy..running like -5,-5.5%

#25     Jan 26, 2004
  6. Why would you short this stock? Because its gone up too far for your liking? This stock is a runaway train right now let it be. Go find a stock with low Relative strength breaking down out of a topping pattern and short that at least you can place a stop loss somewhere with better odds. What is being done in TASR is no different than the idiots who shorted YHOO,AMZN,BRCM,JNPR and 100 others like it in 1997-2000. Moths are attracted to light where they get zapped dead this is no different. Just because a stock is up alot is not a reason to short it!

Thats my advice. One day the stock will come back to earth but where it starts its descent is not for you to guess and throw money away in the process

#26     Jan 26, 2004
  7. Turok

Turok

>One day the stock will come back to earth but where it
    >starts its descent is not for you to guess and throw money
    >away in the process

Shutup Charting...I'm not quite done buying from them.

:)

JB

#27     Jan 26, 2004

8. ...What is being done in TASR is no different than the idiots who shorted YHOO,AMZN,BRCM,JNPR and 100 others like it in 1997-2000..

With the right timing one made a big, big fortune by shorting these stocks. By the way, 1999 was the most successful trading year ever for me.

...Go find a stock with low Relative strength breaking down out of a topping pattern and short that at least you can place a stop loss somewhere with better odds...

Ok, now it's up to you to show that you can pick a winner and end a trade profitable. Please post a trade.

#28     Jan 26, 2004
  9. Ok go long PMCS here at 23.15 and sell it at 23.6 today stop loss at 22.88

By the way its 1:34pm eastern standard time right now for reference.

#29     Jan 26, 2004
  10. tuna

tuna

Quote from heilbronner:

Can anyone short TASR at the moment?

Mytracks showing 50,000 available
    CBMX maybe too if you like shorting things heading to the moon

#30     Jan 26, 2004