Taskbar problems...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shfly, Aug 30, 2004.

1. shfly

shfly

After electricity was gone for a couple of hours, the multi-monitor set up got all screwed up.

Using DualHead Matrox G450 with two monitors. XP Pro.

Was finally able to get things back to where it was, except the taskbar.

It's on the #2 monitor, (identified in display properties-settings), with the "Start", and all open items, the clock etc. etc. No taskbar on the #1 monitor.

This was reversed before the forementioned electricity problems, IOW normal :)

Any help would be appriciated.

:cool:

2. nkhoi

nkhoi

just reboost it will be back, ms won't let you down :D

3. just grab it and drag it to the monitor you want it on.

4. shfly

shfly

Thanks, that worked.

PS I guess it helps to unlock the darn thing first...LOL

5. shfly

shfly

This same computer did not start.

Brought it to a tech place I've used from time to time whenever I encountered problems.

After I got it set up again in my office, noticed the taskbar gone, completely gone.

Start button on the keyboard is not working, so I've used the windows task manager to try to get to the control panel, maybe it there?!

Looks like I'll have to bring it back in the AM, that is if I can't get any help ;)

(Win XP Pro, Dell Precision 620 Pentium III).

Thanks.

6. chartie

chartie

Go to Start/Settings/Taskbar and Start menu, make sure “Auto-hide the taskbar” is unchecked and “Keep the taskbar on top of other windows” is checked.

7. shfly

shfly

Thanks,

I was finally able to get the taskbar in it's right place.

The problem from the start was I was NOT able to get to the Start menu, but was able to open the Control Panel, and from there I somehow got what I wanted. Unreal, thanks anyway...

:)