Task Bar

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Handle123, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Handle123

Handle123

I have Windows 10, and task bar gets stuck, I googled how to correct by turning off explorer and ran SFC but it won't hide, have rebooted, just short of doing system restore.

Anyone have possible solution?

Thank you

2. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

did you try d-frag?

3. Handle123

Handle123

OMG, I downloaded from that site and fourteen hours later, am still correcting all the viruses I picked up. Whatever that was downloaded besides that program made Malwarebytes and Avast stop working and couldn't get them to work, it messed up system restore, I was able to get to Safemode and get Malwarebytes to work and it got rid of 83 files that weren't there before the download. I lost my address book but now doing one at a time from web address book, all the system restores got corrupted. I am not going back to site to tell whoever their site been compromised.

4. Sorry to hear that. I've used it before and never had any problems at all.

I copied your post over to Major Geeks. If I get a response from Major Geeks, I'll post it here.

(Please don't take me for being a smart-ass... I don't mean to be. But for all who might read this thread, here's a spot to mention "backups" greater than Windows System Restore. If you'd cloned or made an image before running the program, you could have restored your system in minutes. There are paid image/cloning software and some free stuff which is good. I've used Acronis for years. Others claim AOMEI and Macrium are good and they're free. Again man, I feel bad for your situation having followed my recommendation.)

:(

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  5. Handle123

Handle123

First want to thank you for trying to help and don't let this one time stop you from helping others in the future, and second I find Windows to be operating system you end up being a beta tester, been using them since 1986 Windows 1.0. Next machines I buy will be Mac, it is unfortunate when you buy something, you end up having to be a tech to keep it running. I did find that Malwarebytes has something called Chameleon and they have like a over dozen of them in case whatever one catches that won't allow you to use the software to keeping hitting them in order till you can run Malwarebytes but got stuck in middle.

Whatever I caught from running that software said I had some Trojan but when I ran Avast, and Kaspersky said there was nothing on, as couple hours went by, laptop started to get sluggish and display started to flash. I tried to get into Safemode by hitting F8 but for whatever reason they were not working, I went to "Run" and type in MSCONFIG to change booting into Safemode on Windows 10, and then ran Malwarebytes which found ton of stuff to take off including that software, then ran Spybot, Glary Utilities and all free, but I have bought for other machines, this machine is email and surfing etc.

LOL, Task bar now working.

6. xandman

xandman

MajorGeeks is solid, despite the website. I think it is coincidental. You "woke" something up on your PC.

7. Handle123

Handle123

As soon as I downloaded "MajorGeeks" whatever gotten woken up instantly, I never use them before and have counted on Malwarebytes and Kaspersky for the tough stuff, but after the download, neither would work.

8. IamaMars

IamaMars

You probably got caught some really shitty malware or something like that, do you have any software like even built in windows defender or such ? Do you know how to check it ? Feel free to use AVG or AVAST or some other possible solutions.