Taser . . .

Discussion in 'Trading' started by waggie945, Feb 11, 2004.

1. What's the name of that super "quantitative" hedge-fund out here in California that trades TASR?

You know the one that I am talking about.
    The fund that has all sorts of valuation models based on earnings momentum, the risk-free T-Bill rate, etc.

I forgot their name.
    Can you help refresh my memory?

:D

#71     Feb 20, 2004
  2. You're right waggie - Maverick did employ satire, and subtlety and nuance also. We must be having a positive effect on him.:p :)

#72     Feb 20, 2004
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

I think you are referring to the "Super Secret Quantitative Opportunity Fund". They run about 500 million to a billion dollars at any given time. In the prospectus it says the goal of fund is to seek intra-day trading opportunities where they can make 5k a day trading special situation stocks that are really really easy.

This approach allows them to outperform the risk free rate of return on 500 million dollars by about 50 basis pts. If you some extra capital, I strongly urge you to read over their prospectus. This fund will allow you to outperform your money market rate of return at the bank. Of course you do have to pay them a management fee so maybe it's a breakeven. I don't know, at least you can tell your friends your in a hedge fund.

#73     Feb 20, 2004
  4. lol, no shit. I was making fun of Mav

"Duh"

good to see the "professionals" on "elite" trader always keep it "real" when talking about trading.
    besides, Mav's an amatuer- I made a cool 1.2 million last week in TASR !! I'M HUGE !! :D :D

#74     Feb 20, 2004
  5. cuz

cuz

I goota tell ya, I am new to this site and that was friggen histerical.

I started at page 1 and had to keep reading beacuse it was just too funny.

Damn and us New Yorkers have a bad rap for being arrogant, well you guys out west sure come in a close second.

Hey Mav.......................thanks for the entertainment, you too waggie

:D

#75     Feb 21, 2004
  6. nitro

nitro

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nitro :D :D :D

#76     Mar 3, 2004
  7. nitro

nitro

He has about 40 of them.

Most infamous for Commisso or Publias et etc etc...I actually liked Commisso...

nitro

#77     Mar 3, 2004
  8. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Another 412 cents today ..... so far

#78     Mar 8, 2004
  9. Did your parents ever say good things about you when you were younger?

#79     Mar 8, 2004
  10. gimp570

gimp570

HOLY smokes.....TASER has been flying lately...this sucker could be back at 30 sometime soon...if this action continues

#80     Jul 19, 2007