Taser . . .

Discussion in 'Trading' started by waggie945, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Sanjuro

Sanjuro

CalTrader,

Are you talking about a point per 100 shares?
    So 100 points means same as 5 points on 2000 shares?

Thanks!

#11     Feb 12, 2004
  2. Cutten

Cutten

Well at 63 and change I guess it's now a Mars shot!

Did you buy any?

#12     Feb 12, 2004
  3. m22au

m22au

Thank you for your message. Below is the information regarding new equity option listings:

CBOE's Stock Selection Committee decides upon which options will be listed at CBOE. They use certain criteria to determine whether a stock will become optionable. A couple of these criteria are anticipated demand, volume, stock price and shares outstanding. If the stock does not perform according to the requirement specifications, it will not be listed. We cannot determine whether or not, or when, it may become optionable.

The specific requirements are as follows:

1) There are a minimum of 7,000,000 shares of the underlying security which are owned by persons other than those required to report their stock holdings under Section 16(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.

2) There are a minimum of 2,000 holders of the underlying security.

3) The issuer is in compliance with any applicable requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.

(b) Guidelines applicable to the market for the security are:

1) Trading volume (in all markets in which the underlying security is traded) has been at least 2,400,000 shares in the preceding twelve months.

2) The market price per share of the underlying security has been at least $7.50 for the majority of business days during the three calendar months preceding the date of selection, as measured by the lowest closing price reported in any market in which the underlying security traded on each of the subject days.

Please advise if you have further questions. Thank you.

#13     Feb 12, 2004
  4. VOLUME

VOLUME

CalTrader, what are you talking about?

410 points in 5 minutes. Is that $4.10 on 1000 shares?

Most of the traders I know refer to the term "point" as $1000 dollars. (i.e.-I made a point on that move....5000 shares for 20 cents).

#14     Feb 12, 2004
  5. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

point, cents, call it what you will . Yes I mean cents. And I managed to eek out another 80 point (cents) in about ten minutes.

#15     Feb 12, 2004
  6. Thank you for your "clarification".

All the best!

:)

#16     Feb 12, 2004
  7. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

Why am I not able to short Taser? I'm trading with IB.

#17     Feb 12, 2004
  8. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

another 104 cents(points) in about 4 minutes

Multiply these by a 1000.

This is truly shooting fish in a barrel ...

#18     Feb 12, 2004
  9. Can you say "FORCED LIQUIDATION"?

Wow, some hedgie must be getting creamed!

#19     Feb 12, 2004
  10. Dustin

Dustin

Anyone putting on a large short before a split in the hottest stock of the year deserves to get creamed. Better odds in Vegas.

#20     Feb 12, 2004