tasc readers choice awards?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Boomer, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Boomer

Boomer

i just got this issue with the 2004 readers choice awards. this is the first one, and i was wondering how reliable they are? is there any bias towards paying sponsors or anything along those lines? has anyone else looked through them. any comments...

2. traderob

traderob

3. Arnie

Arnie

Basically people just send in who/what they use, so naturally a company like esignal will always win over a smaller, but better co. Just look who makes the list. I wouldn't put too much stock in the list.

By the way, I have been a subscriber since 1992. The past few years the quality of this mag has gone way down. I don't even read it anymore and def will not be re-newing. Futures or Active Trader are much better. TASC is nothing but a shill for advertisers and authors pushing their own crap. I doubt that any of them trade for a living.

4. IMO, enormous bias exists.

A few years ago a large software company that heavily markets its trading/brokerage package won before the voting took place.

DS

5. traderob

traderob

Also easy for someone to have mutiple subs. and vote for their own product again and again.

6. The whole thing is a joke...

Michael B.

7. TASC is one big joke. There is only one advantage to this magazine and that is the sponsors' ads. Helps you stay on your toes about new products and vendors. The actual content is nothing but snake oil. It's not even elaborate snake oil, it's simply a joke.