Target

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Big AAPL, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

I don't know if this is the correct forum, so I will go ahead anyway. Last week I placed an order for the first time with target. All I was looking for was some over the counter stuff that I like to keep in the house and some items that have been in short supply at my local market for the three other women I live with (that's another thread). I want to list the items I ordered:

70% Isopropyl Alcohol 16 oz (Qty 3) 1.29ea
    Denteck Triple clean Floss Picks (90 ct) 2.65 ea (Qty 1)
    Generic 200 ct Ibuprofen (Qty 2) 3.89 ea
    Generic Benadryl 3.99 ea (Qty 1)
    Cascade Dishwash 155oz (Qty 1) 8.29
    McCormick Black pepper (Qty 1) 2.09 ea
    Ajax Ultra Super Degreaser (Qty 1) 2.99 ea
    Canola Cooking Spray (Qty 1) 1.39 ea
    Generic Hydrocortisone 1 oz (Qty 1) 2.79 ea

My order total came to about
    $35.00 which is about half of my local Supermarket or CVS. But here comes the issue:

It was delivered in 7 (SEVEN) separate packages split between FedEX and UPS.

Someone want to tell me how in God's name they make any profit on this? Especially after the multiple deliveries???

2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

They probably lost money on your order but their logistics is okay with that.

Big AAPL likes this.
  3. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Crazy

4. S2007S

S2007S

I'm shocked by you mentioning that $35 was about half of what you would pay at your local supermarket or cvs.....

I have shopped comparative products at target vs other stores and found that yes you can save on some items but 50%, absolutely no way no how!

5. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Not in NYC...this was a bargain

6. S2007S

S2007S

And 1 reason why it came in multiple orders could be because of third party sellers.

Big AAPL likes this.
  7. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

I can understand that...but really what kind of discount could they possibly have with those premium shippers?

8. dxter

dxter

I have had the same experience. On the order page, there is no option to consolidate the order into fewer packages. Amazon has this option.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Now..., imagine they all used drones.
    Yeah, that'll work. :rolleyes: :banghead:

upload_2020-8-4_18-43-54.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    TooEffingOld and Big AAPL like this.
  10. Cuddles

Cuddles

Someone put an order for me from Walmart. It arrived in like 8 different shipments. My guess is they're trying catch up to Amazon & failing miserably, but the end goal is worth chasing.

#10     Aug 5, 2020