Target 50% per annum till infinity

Discussion in 'Journals' started by DDmaster, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Account: 70,311 $

Amazing month, I’m very surprised: February +15.98%, total percentage gain this year is 28.11%

When I set the target for +50% I actually did not expect to hit that target, because the year before was around + 22% I was setting myself a motivational goal much like dangling a carrot in front of a horse so that it moves forward… or the mirage of an oasis on the horizon when lost in the desert …
    But at this point I only have to make about 17.1% more to reach my goal of 50% , which seems very achievable considering the way things are going the last 2 months.

I am a bit concerned about the angle of the incline in my equity curve , as exponential curves do come to an end at some point and usually do this dramatically as a consequence of this I’m going to take my foot of the gas and coast until I see a very good opportunity .

I’m currently going long VIX anticipating the decline or pull back of the S&P500 I mentioned earlier.

#21     Mar 1, 2012
  2. clacy

clacy

The future NEVER turns out as predicted...

#22     Mar 1, 2012
  3. March 2012 = -10.73%

account value = 62,760$

it was a very unproductive month , in fact quite a set back.

this months performance was all due to a series of bad moves and ended with a whopper of a mistake.

#23     Apr 25, 2012
  4. Account value : 70,258 $

April 2012 : +11.60 %

#24     May 2, 2012
  5. May was bad to say the least

ill update it later in the month , when i can bring myself to do the accounting.

lets just say i bought face book and held on ....

#25     Jun 7, 2012
  6. Dura

Dura

Did you read the book? I thought it was amazing. Ray Kurzweil is awesome.

#26     Jun 7, 2012
  7. Dura

Dura

You seem like you had everything figured out. Why did you buy facebook? Also, I'm rooting for you. I'm sure you'll reach your 50% goal. Keep the updates coming!

#27     Jun 7, 2012