Tape Reading

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by trader28, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Keep justifying yourself to me, I'm really starting to believe you :)

Just like I believed you when you said you weren't arguing with me, or you made 6 figures... heh heh

#31     Nov 9, 2005
  2. piss off loserboy

#32     Nov 9, 2005
  3. Ahhh finally... an intellectual

#33     Nov 9, 2005
  4. duard

duard

Trader28,

Take a ruler or tape measure, get a magnifying glass (you'll need it) apply said tape to your penis, read 3 and one-half inches, that's tape reading.

#34     Nov 9, 2005
  5. Well most women have been happy with my 3 and a half inches.... they think thats WIDE enough

#35     Nov 9, 2005
  6. pinabetal

pinabetal

Contact me by Private Mail for info on tape reading.

#36     Nov 9, 2005
  7. When the prices go shooting up, you buy. When they start coming down, you sell. Or was it the opposite.

It's either one or the other, so I hope this narrows it down enough for you.

#37     Nov 9, 2005
  8. Yes... almost as narrow as your head

wow man, at least make them funny

#38     Nov 9, 2005
  9. kowboy

kowboy

I appreciate your sincere question and it deserves positive suggestions.

One book I found helpful is "Techniques of Tape Reading" by Vadym Graifer. This book is not exactly reading by time and sales per se alone, but more on volume and price as depicted by the charts. Probably the best book I have read on trading.

The focus is on the charts on a tight time scale, so it may not be exactly "Tape Reading" strictly from a time and sales aspect, but more a feeling of what direction the stock is moving using level 2 and the charts in combination.

Also don't forget that other things enter into the equation such as general market direction, time of day, news events and other indicators such as the Vix, Vin, Trin, Sector strength, etc which all influence the direction of the instrument/stock you are trading. A lot of experienced traders watch a number of these, and not just the time and sales/charts in isolation to everything else. IMO it takes a lot of work, experience, and screen time. Not something to be learned without some effort and dedication.

Would be interested if anyone else has suggestions and additionally on other resources.

Good luck.

Mike

#39     Nov 9, 2005
  10. Thanks for that Kowboy

#40     Nov 10, 2005