Tape Reading Large Orders CL

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by jsmooth, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Handle123

Handle123

Actually finished an automated method of doing what you are inquiring. It seeks percentage changes from one price level to those around it. Most of the changes occur but just a "flash" and taken off. Most of these "flashes" happens so quickly up/down the DOM, almost impossible of seeing them, especially during the day session, but my program keeps memory of where they happened, as price gets closer to these areas, at certain level it will buy/sell into or towards these areas going for a handful of ticks. They are most powerful when price is headed to S/R.

But if you are going to day trade it manually, day session is almost impossible unless you trading in direction of trend, it is much easier to do in the middle of the nite when you see volume double of areas around it and can easily snap up 1-6 ticks. But luckily most are sleeping. This occurence doesn't just happen in Crude oil but in several markets but certainly not the currencies.

Trading off the DOM for me is easiest during last 35 minutes of day session in ES, but having a one minute chart helps to show me where trend is.

#31     Oct 11, 2012
  2. ammo

ammo

everything(majority) trades electronically,every single acct is computed for risk ,recorded long or short,stops,amount in the acct,all that data is somewhere...now imagine we are all lab rats and that gs,jpm,jeffries,morgan are the scientists..archipelago started tje electronic trading apparatus and was bought out ,those that bought have those stats,so yes ,there is a super duper somewhere

#32     Oct 11, 2012
  3. 2rosy

2rosy

ok. I dont know if the "chi" in your name means Chicago but it is/was a common startegy around here. maybe you are a market wizard

#33     Oct 11, 2012
  4. chi means you know a little something about pizza and hot dogs. At one time it also meant you a knew a little something about trading. But then those kids out there in California invented computers.

#34     Oct 11, 2012
  5. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

I traded there for 10 yrs. I was in a very big trading firm that had plenty of guys that used that strategy. Worked best in the Bunds and Eurostoxx.

I am willing to bet you 5 rounds of pitchers of Old Milwaukee at Cactus that nobody manually does that anymore with any kind of success.

Trust me....I wish it still worked. Would mean more people in the biz...more volume. I'm not a market wizard by any means....just been in the business a long time. Seen a lot.

#35     Oct 11, 2012
  6. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

Chicago Pizza is horrible. That deep dish disaster they serve is known to the rest of the world as lasagna.

The Hot Dogs....second to none. Nothing better than a Wiener's Circle dog at 2 a.m. after 8 hours of drinking. I think everyone at some point in their life should experience that whole thing. Hilarious shit goes on there from midnight to 3 a.m.

#36     Oct 11, 2012
  7. wasn't sure if you said "Hilarious" or "Hazerdous", I guess it just depends on where you're at in life.

#37     Oct 12, 2012
  8. traderchi128

traderchi128 Guest

Probably a little of both..........

#38     Oct 12, 2012
  9. Took a while today before I found a trade into CL downtrend after I closed other trades in euro. Two trades in CL with short trade to first profit and second trade was a scratch for a few ticks positive.

#39     Oct 12, 2012
  10. Those who trade CL what system do you use? What style of set ups?

#40     Oct 12, 2012