Tanks Move On Cairo

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jul 3, 2013.

1. I like that idea. :D

I believe Morsi, almost immediately after taking office, violated the nations brand new Constitution, and that is what pissed the people off. Too bad Americans didn't have those balls when our Constitution was initially, and continually is, violated.

#11     Jul 3, 2013
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Too bad indeed.

#12     Jul 3, 2013
  3. BSAM

BSAM

Too many people in the USA live under too many delusions.
    Fat, lazy, and fixated on tech toys.
    You got the latest iPhone???

#13     Jul 3, 2013
  4. BSAM

BSAM

Imagine how long the free thinking people in Egypt would put up with the midadventures of the NSA, Eric Holder, the IRS, etc., etc.

#14     Jul 3, 2013
  5. BSAM

BSAM

I think our CIA needs to start an investigation concerning whether Donald Trump has anything to do with these military actions in Egypt.
    After all, they just rolled in and said, "You're fired."

#15     Jul 3, 2013
  6. But if this guy was democratically elected, this means that the majority of Egyptians want an Islamic government. How long can the military in Egypt and Turkey hold them off when the will of the people is to live under shariah law and unite under Islam?

#16     Jul 3, 2013
  7. BSAM

BSAM

If you want to see what freedom looks like, my friends, just turn on your TV.
    You know what Obama would do if you did this?
    Well, I'll tell you.
    He would kill your ass.

#17     Jul 3, 2013
  8. pspr

pspr

I think the point of the crowds, in addition to the really bad economy, is that there are enough non-islamists that they want protections written into the constitution which wasn't the case. Islamists had rammed in the constitution they wanted.

#18     Jul 3, 2013
  9. pspr

pspr

On Wednesday, Gen. Abdel Fatah Said Al-Sisi announced a military coup in Egypt. He said that the Constitution had been suspended, that early elections would take place, and that there would be a “code of ethics” for the media. He stated that the chief of the Constitutional court would be taking charge during a transitional period before another election. He said the new government would be “diverse and include all the people,” and that the constitution would be revised to reverse changes made by ousted Muslim Brotherhood President Mohammed Morsi.

Al-Sisi said there would be a code of ethics for the media that would “establish values and ethics for the media to follow.” He also stated that there would be a committee for reconciliation from leaders who are credible. The armed forces, he said, call on the great Egyptian people with its various groups to continue to have peaceful protests and end the crisis. He also said that the military warned it would take action against anyone moving beyond peaceful protest.

“May Allah preserve Egypt and its people,” al-Sisi concluded.

UPDATES: A Morsi aide has said that Morsi has been removed to an undisclosed location.

Dr. Mohammed El-Baradei, a leader of the anti-Morsi opposition, stated that he hopes "all of us come back as reconciled people together. I hope that this 'road map' will be a beginning to continue with the revolution for which the Egyptian people have spent dearly to achieve social justice for every Egyptian man and woman."

CNN reports the sound of gunfire near pro-Morsi demonstrators, adding that Muslim Brotherhood followers had been training with sticks in preparation for violence. The crowd is chanting "victory or martyrdom." The Egyptian military, CNN reports, is 400 to 500 yards down from the pro-Morsi demonstrations.

Just before the military announced the ouster of Morsi, the army sent troops and armored vehicles to militarily sensitive points around the country, including throughout Cairo. Troops are also surrounding rallies by pro-Morsi forces.

Travel bans were imposed on Morsi and top figures from his Muslim Brotherhood including its chief Mohammed Badie and his powerful deputy Khairat el-Shater.

Associated Press reports that Egyptian defense leaders have told US officials that there will be no long-term military rule, telling Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin Dempsy that a civilian government would be installed shortly. The Egyptian military has reportedly stated that it will protect US citizens in Egypt.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/07/03/Egypt-military-ousts-Morsi

#19     Jul 3, 2013